HONORS FOR MILLIE WAS HERE
• A Kirkus “Best Book of the Year” Winner
• A Washington Post’s “Best Apps to Give and Get”
• Editor’s Choice, Children’s Technology Review
THE CRITICS LOVE MILLIE
“Millie offers the kind of humor that appeals to both kids and parents on different levels.” —Common Sense Media
“She’s a good dog with a great set of apps." —Kirkus
"My daughter 'oohed' and 'ahhed' over the adorable art, has already replayed it several times, and has asked me to download more Millie books for her.” —WIRED
“Children’s storybook apps have all begun to look alike, but Megapops’ interactive reading experience Millie Was Here stands alone as the pick of the litter.” —The Horn Book
GIVE US YOUR PAW AND WE’LL GIVE YOU A TREAT!
Get ready to steer the action, reveal surprises, play games, and collect stickers along the way in this hilarious book app—the second in the Millie Was HereTM series.
YOU'LL HOWL WITH LAUGHTER
Millie is an adorable but mischievous mutt who turns real life into a real adventure, and this is her first full length story. A simple walk in New York’s Central Park quickly becomes a walk on the wild side, as you help Millie explore a “dense jungle” filled with delightful surprises. You’ll learn secrets from a “wise old unicorn,” tame “wild piranhas,” and take on a “band of pirates,” all in a quest for a priceless treasure: The Lost Key to Endless Bacon!
THE TALL “TAILS” OF A SHORT DOG
The Millie books combine real-life photographs with fantastical art and story elements to create far-fetched, humorous “fairytales” for kids. They’re a lighthearted, modern twist on a classic format, and everyone’s in on the joke.
TEACHING OLD SKILLS USING NEW TRICKS
Our goal is to use a technology to which kids are naturally drawn to foster a love of reading, promote imaginative and inferential thinking, and help kids develop cognitive, creative, language, and motor skills. Education and language specialists have found that even the most reluctant readers are enticed to read Millie’s books.
THIS PUPPY WAS BORN DIGITAL
The Millie Was HereTM series was created from the ground up as an interactive reading experience for iOS devices. It wasn't adapted from a book, film, or television show—so its interactivity and mixed-media design are built right into the story, not added on later. The result is interactivity that feels intuitive, natural, and fully integrated into the narrative.
• Read-along text (highlights words as they are read)
• Interactivity on every page, including digital pop-ups, mini games, and more
• Packed with exciting video clips and animation
• Virtual stickers hidden on every page, and a sticker book for your collection
• "Classroom Mode" allows educators to control the pace
• Card Maker creative activity
• Language Switch allows instant language changes from the home screen
• Innovative “Bedtime Mode” creates a calmer experience for nighttime reading
• Two reading modes allow users to choose between having the book read to them, or reading it themselves.
• Original music and fun sound effects
• Professional dramatic narration
• Beautiful, original artwork and photography
• A cute dog on every page!
Millie Was Here is now available in 11 languages!
• Introducing version 2.0!
• NEW “Classroom Mode” designed by teachers for teachers
• 3 BRAND NEW interactive pages
• NEW LOOK: every single page lovingly redesigned, remastered, and updated
• NEW Creative “Card Maker” Sticker activity
• Updated for 64bit architecture, Super Retina & iPhone X
• And many more improvements, updates & features
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
The kids LOVE Millie!!!!!!
With so many WORDLESS KIDS APPS, as a teacher, it is WONDERFUL to find something which actually focuses on the written and spoken word.
The kids really love that this isn’t just an audiobook, or digital version of a book with some bells and whistles. The Millie books really use the visual and interactive potential of the iPad.
I’ve been using ADORABLE Millie to get my students to beg me to read for years now!
My struggling readers love the Millie series. Please add more books soon. The books encourages my students to read. Also, thanks for the freebies we depend on parents to donate iTunes cards.
My 4 year old son loves these books. He'll read them over and over. Can't wait for more books!
- MegaPops LLC
- 339.8 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Chinese, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2011-2019 Megapops LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.