Every great idea or project starts with a single thought. And another. And then a million more. MindNode is the most delightful mind mapping app for Mac and iOS. It helps you capture your thoughts and create a clear picture of your idea.
Featured as Apple’s “App of the Day” & “Editors’ Choice”
• Capture Your Thoughts
Whether as words, images, links, tasks, or notes, capture your thoughts in any form. Don’t worry about order and importance. MindNode is the right tool to get your ideas out of your head and into the world.
• Organize Your Idea
Your document reflects your ever-changing understanding of an idea as you add and adjust thoughts. Move, tag, connect, detach, and reconnect as often as you like. Focus Mode, Visual Tags and foldable branches allow you to concentrate on one thought at a time.
• Style Your Mind Map
Personalize your mind map with beautiful out-of-the-box themes and custom stickers. Make your mind map look just right by styling every detail. With Smart Layout your document will always look fantastic.
• Share Your Vision
Easily share your documents with others or move them one step further in your creative process. Send tasks to Apple Reminders, Things, or OmniFocus. Export your project as plain text, RTF, CSV, OPML, PDF, PNG image, Markdown, or TaskPaper.
STAY PRODUCTIVE WHEREVER YOU GO
Whether it’s on your iPhone when on the go or your iPad or Mac at work, with MindNode, you stay productive wherever you are. A deep system integration lets you store your files on iCloud Drive and access them on all your devices.
Use MindNode for free to capture your ideas with actions like editing, rearranging, and folding nodes as well as importing and exporting files. The essential building blocks to capture your thoughts are always available.
• Capture: grow your thoughts into fully-fledged ideas
• Outline: see your entire document as an indented list
• Fold branches: keep your documents organized
• Import: FreeMind, Mindjet MindManager, iThoughts, plain text, RTF, CSV, OPML, Markdown, TextBundle
• Export: plain text, RTF, CSV, OPML, PDF, PNG image, Markdown, TextBundle, TaskPaper, FreeMind
MindNode Plus is a cross-platform subscription that unlocks all of MindNode’s features like Visual Tags, Focus Mode, Notes, Themes, Stickers, Connections, and much more on your iPhone, iPad, and Mac. MindNode Plus is available as a monthly and a yearly subscription. Try out all of MindNode’s features with a free 14-day trial.
• Collect everything: add text, images and links to nodes
• Visual Tags: tag your thoughts for more context, highlight tags to see new relationships
• Notes: keep your mind map easy to read without losing a single detail
• Connections: connect nodes on different branches
• Tasks: turn your thoughts into actions
• Quick Entry: just start typing to collect thoughts
• Themes: beautiful out-of-the-box themes and unlimited personal themes
• Images: insert your own images and annotate them
• Stickers: 260+ hand-crafted stickers with adjustable colors
• Styling: rich styling options for every single part of your document
• Layouts: top-down and horizontal
• Focus Mode: put a spotlight on a single branch
• Dark Mode: for when your thoughts come at night
• Share Tasks: to Apple Reminders, Things, and OmniFocus
WHAT OTHERS SAY ABOUT MINDNODE
“The app keeps out of your way, so it doesn’t interrupt your thought processes.”
– New York Times
“An app on the cutting edge of iOS design and technologies.”
“Slowly grow and track your ideas, connecting nodes to help you better conceptualize your idea or thoughts.”
Reach out to us at email@example.com and on Twitter (@mindnode). Let us know if you have any questions or issues. We’re always glad to help.
Terms of Service: https://mindnode.com/terms
MindNode 2020.6 adds support for macOS Big Sur with a refreshed user interface, updated App Icon, and a brand new Widget.
Fits right into the new macOS Big Sur user interface design and adopts a custom Accent color. New fully resizable Sidebar.
A shiny new App Icon that fits perfectly in the macOS Big Sur Dock.
Add the new MindNode Widget directly to your Notification Center. Quickly access your pinned and recent documents.
• Added support for exporting to plain text, RTF, and TextBundle when using Apple Script
• Added the option to restore default settings in Shortcuts preferences
• Added the option to reopen the "What's New" screen
• Improved the parsing of Notes when using the "--" Shortcut in the Node Title
• Improved how the Sticker Picker behaves when using MindNode in full-screen mode
• Improved the appearance of Outlines when exporting to PDF
• Improved the order of Nodes after alphabetic sorting
• Fixed a few layout issues with the Newsletter Signup screen
• Fixed an issue where Nodes would disappear after zooming
• Fixed a layout problem with the "Empty Tags" placeholder
• Fixed an issue where MindNode would try to import a Theme that is already installed
• Made it easier to distinguish active and inactive states of the Notes sidebar
• Updated the description of the MindNode Legacy Format on the export screen
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
organizing thoughts and concepts
I have always had difficulty organizing my thoughts and finding connections between concepts. I can do it, but it's a struggle. With MindNode, I can see the connections. You simply start writing your notes and MindNode allows you to move them around as the different connections become more clear.
It's very intuitive and easy to learn. Almost all the options are available with the free choice, so you don't really need to go for the paid option unless you want to. Still, after learning how to use it, and seeing the benefits, I felt more than willing to offer some repayment to the developers. And the small amount requested for the added options was more than worth it.
But wait, there's more!! I work in the mental health industry. My colleagues have offered nothing but praise when I have sent pdf's of mindmaps. Several have requested information about signing up themselves, and more than a few were saddened to find it was a Mac program. (Any thoughts about opening this to other OS?) I have also used the maps when working with clients so they can better understand our goals and challenges.
Does this sound to good to be true? I assure you it is not. This is not a paid ad, only a completely satisfied and somewhat smitten user. This is truly an excellent program.
Developer Response ,
Oh thank you so much!! As we are a small company with limited resources unfortunately, we don't have the capacity to develop MindNode for an additional operating system at the moment. We are however thinking about a web-based version of MindNode. Maybe that might be of use to some of your colleagues and clients. I just can't make any promises on when this will see the light of day at the moment. In case you'd be open for it, it would be amazing if you'd get in touch with Greg from marketing for a user story interview for our website. His email is firstname.lastname@example.org :) Thank you again! Regards,
I NEVER Write Reviews...Well I guess I do now.
Amazing product. I run my own business developing and selling new products. I do just about everything as I only have a few stafff members. This product helps get all of your brain onto a page and allows you to sort and make rational decisions and prioritize things ( I have ideas to send to them on this). Im using it as a planner, organizer, roadmap, to-do, and conversation and event tracking tool for my business reminding me on ALL the past items and things accomplished and that need accomplishing for my company. A list can not do this. It cant connect across pages dynamically. It must be a visual map like this. It's how my brain works (Im sure others brains are the same, I think ;). I hope you guys continue to develop this and add non-obstructive features that stay out of the way but make this tool continue to grow in simplistic but powerful way. Its a breath of fresh air to other apps trying to get cute with lists and stuff, and unique way to run your business and life if you so choose. I plan to use this for various areas, but I've used it a few days and already I feel better about not having to keep all this in my head all the time, it clears the mind and allows you to think. Bravo, keep up the great work.
Developer Response ,
I got goosebumps while reading this. Thank you so much! Regards,
Manage your thoughts
The work I do and the way I think are sometimes but not often compatible. It really depends on how I manage the thoughts and ideas I have which are seldom related but almost always prompt some sort of follow-through.
I use MindNode for anything from meeting notes to just general problem solving and getting all of the stuff in my mind out into something I can see. The ability to move things around cleanly allows you to connect thoughts in ways you otherwise might not have - and in a way that's very visually pleasing to boot! It's an excellent product to help get the most out of your ideas and make even better ones.
I use this application to conduct meetings and invariably someone asks what it is: "It's called MindNode and you can find it on the app store."
"Yeah this is really cool!"
I cannot recommend it enough, especially if you're a scatterbrain like me who just wants to make sense out of the non-stop thinking I do all day!
Pro-tip: if there's something bothering you, whether it's at work or your personal life, one of my favorite things to do is to just put on some music, turn off my phone, close all chat, email, and browser applications, turn off WiFi, and just sit with MindNode open and figure things out for an hour. You will be astonished how much better you will feel afterward!
Developer Response ,
Wow wow wow, thank you so much!! ❤️ Would you maybe be interested in having your user story shared on our website? If so please contact Greg, our marketing guy, under email@example.com and he'll get in touch for an interview. Thank you, again! Love, V
- IdeasOnCanvas GmbH
- 33 MB
macOS 10.15 or later
English, Arabic, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2020 IdeasOnCanvas GmbH
- In-App Purchases
- Monthly Subscription $2.49
- Yearly Subscription $19.99
- Yearly Subscription (Upgrade) $19.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.