MMO. Continents without microtransactions are available with limited capacity.
After a number of incarnations on Earth and unhappy with the opportunities nations offer souls to grow, our hero, Kanli (you) is offered a chance to .. do better.
He will try, over a number of simulations, to build states that survive the hardships of time and scarcity whilst helping as many souls as possible evolve beyond the taints.
13 ideas that we explore in Minds of Nations
1. The Nation as a school for souls
You play the custodian of a state through millennia. The nation is both a state in the classical sense, but also a school for souls that are interested in overcoming this plane.
You have to consider strength, the material needs of a community and the evolutionary needs the souls that take birth in your realm have. A sluggish state will have them stuck for centuries into the same thoughts, fears and vices. While a weak state may not provide enough bodies or opportunities in life.
2. Religion as the development of methods for transformation, not a popularity contest
Incarnated or not, souls generate ideas for you. Ideas are of three types:
The first is the spiritual path that your nation discovers.
Ascetics tired of the endless cycle of birth-rebirth and desire-aversion, are developing methods for transcending this plane of existence.
So they develop the stages of concentration, reflections, prayers, mantras, breathing and other techniques for purifying consciousness.
It does not matter how many people adhere to the path your ascetics uncover. It is NOT about having many provinces declaring themselves Catholic, but rather, having a path that frees more persons from the chains of desire, hatred. Having more methods that incorporate different mindsets, that free one from all attachments and bonds.
3. Governance as a collection of answers to communal questions
Instead of having broad systems like Communism, Monarchy, or Democracy, you use ideas to answer each individual governance questions like:
"Who leads our nation ?"
- It can be 1 person, it can be three, it can be a couple, it can be a council..
"How is that person chosen ?"
- Leadership can be inherited, elected by others and then you'd have to choose who can elect your leader. Only landowners ? Everyone older than 14 ?
We approach every issue of community management in the same way, from economics to the justice system.
4. Effects that change over time
5. Effects that change based ON your production of their associated resources.
6. Algorithms that try to incorporate a bit of realism
7. Technology as a number of general subjects and not as a tech tree
8. Armies have to carry food and soldiers are recruited from the labor force
9. War, lies & propaganda
We explore the way politics has been poisoning our mindstream for centuries. Framing reality and spinning half truths into rigid dogma and encouraging us and our ancestors to commit various atrocities.
10. Karmic years & soul cycles
We try to incorporate the idea of karma into wars. A nation that attacks will get years added to the time needed for its souls to pass through each independent evolutionary stage. This means that fewer new ideas will appear in your state due to the emotional traumas caused in the conflict.
11. Astral plane management
12. Free-to-play continents, custom wonders, heraldry and more
You can fly a banner with custom heraldic elements that are not found in Europe in the Middle Ages.
You can also build new wonders - enough with the eiffel tower.
Every simulation includes continents that have no microtransactions. 100% free. However, their total capacity is limited.
13. Climate change
The game simulates the effect that large, monocultural, agrarian societies have had on the environment..
1. ONE NEW MAP !
2. You can now clear large stockpiles for SOME resources multiple times.
3. Threesold and effects have been adjusted here and there.
4. Cost to raise armies has been increased a hundred fold.
5. Agricultural specialists have been capped at 25,000 land worked.
6. Subsistence agriculture supported by 1 hectare of land has been lowered from 50 base to 10.
7. Food variety rating has been removed as a negative modifier to food consumption.
8. Medicinal variety rating has been added to population growth.
9. More control over unemployment [ Jobs / Services / Educators Level 3 decrease unemployment ].
10. More control over food-producing land. It can now be increased in [ Jobs / Agriculture ].
11. Submission has been decreased by default.
12. Submission needed has been increased for Forts / Earthworks.
13. Cost of Forts and Earthworks has been increased significantly.
14. 3 New resources for building wonders: Limestone, Sandstone, Marble.
15. Distribution of stone, limestone and sandstone has been adjusted.
16. You can now only build 1 wonder at a time. Upgradable to 3 via ideas.
17. Spelling fixes.
18. World Rankings link added in the menu bar.
19. Food production from large estates has been increased x10.
20. Elite Corps have been made A LOT more expensive.
21. "Builder" world ranking added: "Most wonders built".
22. "Investor" world ranking added: "Most stockpiles cleared".
23. Costs for level 3 specialists has been increased.
24. Adapting resources has been made more expensive.
25. Improved the layout in the build wonder section for usability and accessiblity.
Ratings and Reviews
So much potential
This game is like seriously extremely fun. The problem is that it is so difficult to play because of the insane amount of bugs and horrible UI. Sometimes I tap something by accident and now I can’t see the rest of my provinces like why? Remove the bugs and this game is a 5 star easily
Great game poorly/not implemented
I discovered this game on iPad a few weeks ago and am honestly obsessed with it, I can’t wait for next month when I can start from day 1! However it is all but unplayable on the iPad. Fortunately I have a laptop and the MMO online works fabulously, so I have taken up the game there in serious.
The biggest and most obvious problem that I would have thought would have been fixed in one of these updates is the fact that the game relies heavily on cursor hover-over information but that is not possible on an iPad. I mean, right? I am literally unable to see how long my colonists have left before they’re finished. I cannot see the great person bonuses, I’ve been picking one at random. And I cannot see idea bonuses or consequences before choosing them! I was literally poking in the dark the first week of playing the game before I went online and found that you could SEE THE CONSEQUENCES BEFORE CHOOSING THEM! It obviously changed the game dramatically.
I found before writing this review that this iPad app just opens a browser window to the online MMO. But to work with finger taps it needs to be more than that... it’s basically unplayable without a mouse, as is. I’d prefer it as an iPad app, so here’s to hoping one day... 🤞🤞
EDIT: after submitting my review I read a few other reviews and can concur that “long tapping” does NOT work on my iPad (Pro 13”)! It would fix a lot of of the problems if it did...
Game is quite good, UI needs work
The game itself is quite good, but for a mobile only player you would miss out on some small unique things, like actually seeing movement/colonization progress, or being able to chain commands. While on their own they arent that bad, together they form a decent gap between mobile and PC players, where the latter is able to play far more efficiently with way more ease. not to mention mobile is far more glitchy, even just now i had to redownload the game due to a glitch. So for anyone looking to play, do it on the computer. Despite all of this, very fun indepth beta, cant wait to buy it at release!
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Calin Zidaru
- 148.7 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- 9+ Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- © Soul Playing Games
- In-App Purchases
- 1920 CyberPoints $9.99
- 548 CyberPoints $4.99
- 910 CyberPoints $7.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.