Mindscope is a new and powerfully simple way to store your thoughts without getting lost in the details.
• Quickly create text entries with a double-tap and drag them around, aligning them to each other. Perfect for brainstorming, capturing, and sorting thoughts or taking notes.
• Tapping an entry enters its own page where you can create more entries (and as many sub-boards as you like).
• Drag entries into other entries to quickly sort your thoughts into categories and projects.
• Keep track of lists, todos, notes, and anything else you feel like keeping track of, for example a list of ways to be funny when writing an app description. Or something.
• Copy and paste entries including their sub-entries
• Export all entries and sub-entries of a board via e-mail as a bullet list.
• Import any saved .mindscope file.
• Set a default font size for any board (long-press on a font size and select "Set As Default"
All of the above, as a universal app, with iCloud sync...completely for free! Yeah, I know, I can't believe it either. You can "pay" me with an App Store review, how does that sound?
However, if you are up for spending money, with the "Unlock Everything" in-app purchase, you can also save your own .mindscope files, search through all your entries instantly, create cross-links between boards, create arrows and lines between entries, set up a grid background for a page, set your own colors per page, and export boards to an OPML file (suitable for opening in most major mind-mapping programs). Any upcoming features in future updates will be included for the unlocked version at no extra cost.
See a video of Mindscope in action at http://www.mindscopeapp.com
Quotes from happy customers:
"It’s hitting a sweet spot for me. I have pretty much every single Mind-Mapping or Outlining app for iOS, and this is among the best.”
“This is EXACTLY what I've been hoping for. I so need to send flowers to your mother for having you.”
"Mindscope is a terrific app, elegant, easy to use, and incredibly useful.”
"Scapple for Mac comes closest to Mindscope in its combination of function, ease of use and minimalism but Mindscope is better."
"A very cool app. Think of it as Workflowy unbound from the outline."
Thanks for everyone's awesome feedback! Here's what's new in this update:
* iPhone X compatibility
* Fixed too small font size on iPhone
* You can now set a font size as global default - for new entries not only on the current board but on any board.
* Fixed help video and description referring to the old edit button (pencil) instead of the new one.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Needs Some Tweaking
There’s a lot of good to the app and a few novel approaches to mind mapping. A couple of obvious oversights, however. The first, is the lack of a file management system that incorporates being able to create new, independent maps and files. I purchased the full version, and I’ve not discovered a way to do that, yet. Second, is the inability to import and export from and to other mind mapping applications.
Simple, Easy, Useful, Awesome! (+ suggestions)
I downloaded Mindscope recently and I’m hooked. I keep finding more and more uses for it and have a ton of stuff on it already. It’s very easy to keep records, make lists, arrange ideas, etc. I decided to purchase all the features and I’m glad I did. Making charts, graphs, and calendars for various uses is a piece of cake with the grid backgrounds. Mind mapping, brainstorming, and keeping track of anything is what Mindscope does. It can really help you get organized in your thinking and in your life. The ability to have endless subfolders is very cool and allows me to not get lost in the details and keep my mind on the big picture. I really appreciate all the work the developer has put into this app and how useful has become in my life. I started using it for work every day and it is proving to be quite helpful. It’s also fun to use. Give it try! You’ll be glad you did.
To the developer:
1) Thank you! Super job!
2) Please keep updating this app
- It would be great if I could change the color of each entry. Having different colors for each entry would add a lot to the already great visual aid Mindscope is (rich text formatting would be nice too)
- Adding pictures would be a great addition and make Mindscope even more useful
- Increasing the size of the page / workspace would also be wonderful (infinite zoom?)
Again, thank you!
I’m really looking forward to more updates
Only Mapping/Outlining Program I Use!
This is super-functional and easy to use tool for laying down and organizing your ideas spatially. I’ve tried many mind-mapping type programs on multiple platforms (iOS, Mac, Windows), but with the possible exception of Scapple always returned to pencil and notepad when I wanted to brainstorm or organize my thoughts. But now I reach for my iPad and Mindscope instead. It’s not fancy or full of graphical enhancements, but is extremely easy to use and the ability to easily drill down and create new ‘layers’ or subtopics is great (and sets it apart from Scapple.) When I need to continue work on my notebook computer, the OPML and text export work really well. The developer is also responsive to questions and feature requests.
This app reminds me of WorkFlowy (my choice of outliner)- no frills but super functional.
- John Goering
- 47.1 MB
Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2017 John Goering
- In-App Purchases
- Unlock Everything $3.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.