Watch a video review and overview of Minechat:
Connect to online Minecraft servers on your mobile device. You can chat and send commands just as if you are using the Minecraft client. Send commands just as you do while playing Minecraft (/r, /ban, /kick etc).
- Alerts! You can add words or phrases that you want to highlight and make a sound. For instance add your user name or a list of banned words. When a chat message comes across that matches, it will highlight and ding!
- Connect to "Online" and "Offline" Minecraft servers
- Supports Minecraft 1.4.6 and higher.
- Automatically spawn on connect.
- Hide server messages (Join and Left messages).
- Email your conversation.
- No limit on servers in your server list.
- Tap on a user in the Online tab to start a "Tell" to that player.
- Tap a message on the Message tab to "Reply", "Tell", or email the conversation.
- Messages automatically scroll. If you manually scroll up the auto scrolling will stop so you can read previous messages. To re-enable auto scrolling, simply scroll to the bottom of the messages and it will scroll automatically again.
- MineChat does not work with servers that require client modification such as Tekkit.
- MineChat will work over 3G/4G, but eats up a good bit of data and can run slow depending on your connection. So it is recommended you are on WI-fi when in using MineChat.
- MineChat does not support Forge Modloader servers.
- MineChat sends a spawn command automatically upon connection to help prevent your character from getting killed while using the app. However, not all servers support the spawn command or have delay before teleporting you which leaves your character vulnerable during that time period. Be sure you are aware how your server handles spawning.
MineChat does not send any credentials or information of any kind to any third party servers. The only information transmitted is directly to Minecraft servers. It uses the exact same login method as the Minecraft game uses. It transmits login credentials over SSL and uses encryption while transmitting game data.
For additional information or issues when connecting, please contact us directly as we cannot respond to App Store reviews.
Use the Email button in the Settings tab for help or suggestions.
Like us on Facebook
- Update for Minecraft 1.14.4
- Update for Realms
Ratings and Reviews
Tab-out Disconnection Unecessary
I didn't mind when I was tabbed out that I disconnected after a certain amount of time, but I hate that when I background it automatically closes, highly inconvenient. I like to background the app so while I'm checking other things on my phone I can let some chat messages go through so when I get back I can read them, and now I can't do that, all I can do is let MineChat sit there while I can't do anything else. I really don't think characters glitching in-game was ever a real problem, and I think this update actually made the app less useful, it's like if you want to use the app you can't do anything else on your phone but besides be on the app. I think what you should do is add the option to have the app disconnect you or not when you background the app, cause to me all I can do is really say "hi" then leave unless someone talks to me. I'd highly suggest adding that option, I'm sure I'm not the only one inconvenienced by this update...
I was experiencing a bug, so I contacted the developer, and they were able to fix it really quickly. Worth the small price.
Used to be pretty good
I used to use this app on another device until the server I played on got a discord chat link. This app is also not good for 1.13+ survival servers because if you stay on too long phantoms will annihilate you
- Kelly Productions Inc.
- 99.2 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- © 2019
- In-App Purchases
- Promoted Video $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.