A universal GPS Tracker. Records tracks, keeps the history, and exports in GPX format. The app doesn’t upload any data to the cloud and performs only necessary job in the background to save the battery life.
Track export is a paid feature. The first five minutes of tracks can be exported for free. After unlocking, it will be possible to export the unlimited number of tracks on all your devices. All other features are free.
Please note that continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
• German localization.
• Miles in the UK.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Useful App, Could be Better
I use this to record my GPS location and export it to Google Earth to see where I’ve been. It’s always interesting to do this and I love this app.
I believe this app could be improved in various ways, and although it’s already good enough to have the existing features, I’d love this to have more as a location tracker:
1. Consider adding an option to choose update rate. This is a “minimal” logger, meaning that people use it probably because it saves battery. In many circumstances this can be very useful, as lower update rate will vastly reduce battery usage. I need this option because I’m always in a position that needs the logger to update not as frequently as it can, so I can preserve my battery and log for a longer period of time. It’s only a few lines of codes to add so it’s really not a big deal.
2. An option to omit points that are not accurate. Sometimes when I was traveling under a tunnel, the position could be shifting a lot and that resulted in tracks twisting in a strange way with angles pointing here and there. This function can make the track it logs much more reliable.
3. Maybe offer one time free export for users who use this app the first time. I had been hesitating a lot before I finally purchased because I didn’t know if it worth the functions and whether it would export it successfully as expected. I guess many people have the same thoughts. I know devs have to make a living as well so I’m not saying this should be a must have feature. But it’ll certainly be better if you have this. :)
I hope this app can be constantly maintained since it’s so much better than other GPS logging apps. It doesn’t take much size and works better than anyone could expect with adequate functions at such price.
Unfortunately it's become useless
There was a time this was a great app. It would allow me to export the gpx to an app (transmit) and I could move it to my PC. Now it says it doesn't detect any apps which support gpx and that I should mail the file. However it only supports the stock mail app which I don't even have installed in iOS 10. In short, totally unusable. I paid for the track export sigh. Save your money.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for the feedback. It is also possible to export tracks via AirDrop or by saving them in iCloud Drive. This is done via the same menu item as ‘Open in another app’. However, currently you need to have at least one app that is capable of opening either GPX files or just any file type, as many file sharing apps do.
In the future versions I plan to remove this limitation making it possible to export files via AirDrop and iCloud Drive even when neither the standard Mail app nor other file sharing apps are installed.
Tracks location in the background and exports the data points to a gpx file so I can get tag my photos after my walks/hikes.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- 64 Characters UG (haftungsbeschraenkt)
- 16 MB
- Requires iOS 8.2 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 8.2 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.2 or later.
English, German, Russian
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2016–2017 64 Characters
- In-App Purchases
- Unlimited Track Export $6.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.