Make music at the speed of sound!
Minimic allows you to directly record short clips from your microphone and play them at different notes, loop them, pitch them and add a ton of effects! You can sequence those little clips in a user-friendly tracker-like interface to shape your song.
This is one of the fastest sample based tracker for mobile, you’ll be creating a complete song in no-time! Very useful for beatbox music or song drafts.
How to make a song in a few simple steps (later explained in the in-app tutorial):
1) Open the instrument editor and press the big red button to record a new sample.
2) Polish your sample by adding loop points and removing any silent part it can have.
3) Use the main tracker-like interface to place notes. Minimic auto detects the pitch of your sample so any musical sound you have recorded will be automatically in tune!
4) Repeat steps 2 and 3 as much as you like!
5) By opening the pattern list menu you can add more and more patterns sections to increase and set the order of your song blocks!
6) Save your song into .mic (project) or export .wav audio files!
Plot twist! Think inside the box: You can have only a max of 6 sounds playing back at the same time and your clips could be of a max of 1 second (but you can make them loop in ping-pong (start to end and back)).
Show us what you can do with Minimic!
Feedback is appreciated at: email@example.com
* Added reverb controls and effects.
* Added stereo controls and effects.
* Sample amp is shown more clearly by changing the amplitude of the waveform display.
* Sample loop points displayed more clearly.
* Fix samples clipping.
* Fix bug when importing .mic files from other apps.
* Fix an issue that triggered unintended changes of instrument names.
* Bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
this has so much potential
I was a little shook that the sampling was not recorded using a threshold but instead uses a count in method. In old samplers that I’m familiar with you can set a threshold say for example negative 70 decibels and the sampler will record the start when the audio being input reaches negative 70 decibels and above. This way the sampler only records the portion of the sound that is needed so that there is no space in the beginning of a sample. There is no need to chop off the beginning of the empty audio wave because the sampler only picks up the sound that is needed. With no sample slicing editor or threshold recording it’s hard to use this to make some potentially great music. My thought was that I can take my zoom usb microphone and record real synthesizers into this app which you can do but the method to record them is not ideal.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Leonardo Demartino
- 19.2 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Apple Vision
- Requires visionOS 1.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © Leonardo Demartino 2022
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.