Minipedia is a fast and simple way to access Wikipedia® articles using your iPod, iPhone or iPad without a network connection.
* Includes full article text, formulas and tables!
* 50.000 articles free
* Install multiple languages at the same time
* Supports iOS10 and newer
* Loads images when an internet connection is available
* Fast & intelligent fuzzy search
## No Network Connection required
No Signal? Don't worry! No matter where you are, with Minipedia you'll have a whole encyclopedia right at your fingertips.
Minipedia works offline and provides access to complete article texts, formulas and, of course, tables!
*Important:* You must have access to wireless local area network (WiFi) for downloading databases.
## Most Viewed Articles
Don't waste your precious space on your mobile device for non-relevant articles. Minipedia provides offline access for the most important ones.
Minipedia, with a database of articles much smaller than the entire online Wikipedia, provides intelligent searching based on the popularity of the article.
## Math Formulas and Tables included!
Very few Wiki Readers have the capability of correctly displaying math formulas, nor do they include Wikipedia tables (the images and fact summary in a column on the right edge of a Wikipedia web page). This feature can also be a great time saver, as users can quickly extract the necessary information from the table, rather than reading the article.
Unfortunately, images are not included in minipedia. They simply take up to much space on your device.
## Search as you Type!
Searching for articles is extremely fast. Right when you type the first letter, you will see the first matches!
Search Wikipedia articles the Intelligent Way:
For example, a search for "Mark" on Wikipedia returns "Marketing" as the first item in the drop-down results list. A search for "Mark" on Minipedia returns "Mark Zuckerberg" as the top result, a more relevant answer for most users. Minipedia's intelligent search returns both results that begin with and results that contain "Mark," (e.g., Mark Zuckerberg, Mark Wahlberg, Denmark, Affiliate Marketing, Marketing, Mark Twain, Mark Hamill, Mark Ruffalo, and Trademark). Searches frequently end before the entire word has been entered.
By comparison, Wikipedia provides these more proper, but less relevant results: Marketing, Mark Twain, Market, Market Town, Mark Antony, Marks & Spencer, Mark Knowles, and Mark Woodford.
## Multiple Languages
Need German and English at the same time? No Problem! The language is not tied to the language settings of your device, you can have several languages simultaneously.
# Want to say Thank You?
Leaving a rating for our app is the most appreciated form of saying "thank you"!
# We make Minipedia better, every day!
We're always excited to hear from you so if you have any feedback on how we can make this the best Offline Wikipedia App in town please send us an email!
With more than 600,000 downloads worldwide and a cumulative rating of 4.25 stars, Minipedia has been praised by reviewers and users alike. We are very proud of Minipedia for iOS, and we invite every iOS owner to download this wonderful, free reference app.
Ratings and Reviews
Everything I used good but downloading
I like app but if u r not getting the paid it the amount of txt verys 2 much but has good info I downloaded xxl version took long time at lest 12 mins and 2.7 g of info but what different it made like night and day some of the other isn't as updated as the others off lines like and as easy to use keep it up to date and current with the iOS version
I bought the $10 plan. I've enjoyed it. Here's some suggestions:
1. When I open a table (say countries of the world and their populations) the back button is at the top of the screen. Then to go back to the last article the back button is at the bottom of the screen. They should be the same, or better yet there shouldn't be buttons, see #2.
2. Swipe left and right should be forward and back like in safari. That way I can confidently click on links and get back to where I was. The menu/search can be accessed from the menu button, or a dedicated search gesture perhaps.
3. Going back should go back to the same location in the article you clicked away from, not the top of the article.
4. The image placeholders are kind of ugly. That's nitpicky I know.
5. The search page should start with the box in the middle of the screen, like the google app so I don't have to reach my thumb all the way up to set the cursor.
6. Random page or suggested page would be nice. I open the app when I'm bored then I have to think of somethign to search for.
English XXL Updated October 2015
In case anyone's curious about how up to date this is, the English XXL dataset updated just this past October. It's not in the release notes because they don't need to release a new version with a simple dataset update. Unfortunately, they don't seem to have a notification for when an update is released for those that have already purchased it. So, if you've already got it on your device, delete and re-download. Lots of new stuff (3.2GB vs the previous 2.8GB)!
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Minipedia UG (haftungsbeschr?nkt)
- 17.4 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Turkish
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © 2018 Minipedia UG (haftungsbeschränkt)
- In-App Purchases
- English (Bookworm) $9.99
- Español (Bookworm) $9.99
- Chinese (Bookworm) $9.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.