MiniWiki is the best way to browse Wikipedia™ on your Apple Watch with ease.
From searching across 40 million articles, to downloading article for offline reading, MiniWiki has you covered!
MiniWiki was designed from the ground up to compliment the Apple Watch's unique screen size, resulting in a smooth and intutive Wikipedia experience.
Wikipedia is a trademark of the Wikimedia Foundation and is used with the permission of the Wikimedia Foundation. We are not endorsed by or affiliated with the Wikimedia Foundation.
MiniWiki 1.1 is a big update!
Here's a detailed changelog:
• By far the most requested feature, the ability to set a language independent of your Apple Watch language, is now supported! You'll find the option in MiniWiki settings on your Apple Watch!
• Added 'Random Article' button
• If an article you try and read in your selected language is not available, you'll be able to try it in English easily.
• 'Tip' and 'Pro' buttons now have some fun firework animations on the iOS app.
• The image-finding algorithm is better now, so you should see images more often and see more relevant images.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Amazing capabilities on the Apple Watchh
I continue to be impressed at the capabilities of Will’s apps on the Apple Watch. MiniWiki is no exception. I never thought it would be useful to have Wikipedia on my watch, but this app changed my mind. It’s very easy to lookup articles and bookmark or download for future reference. What’s really cool though is the Nearby feature that finds articles for things near your current location. This is a super feature for when I travel. Will continues to add to each of his other apps, so I can’t wait to see what he brings to MiniWiki next.
Can’t get past tutorial
Developer responded: Looks like the iPhone app has no functionality. It’s just there to provide the app to the watch. They should update the iPhone portion to alert you to this instead of putting you in a tutorial that you cannot end.
This app is completely unusable. Install the app and once you get to the end of the tutorial, it shows the other apps by this developer. There’s no way to proceed in to the app. You’re stuck on that screen. It says press and hold to open but does nothing.
Developer Response ,
That’s all there is in the iOS app. You continue on your Apple Watch.
Apologies for the confusion. If that was your only problem and the above instructions fixed it, I would really appreciate you adjusting your review, thank you :)
MiniWiki is probably the fastest loading Apple Watch App I have installed. It’s incredibly streamlined and gets you the information you’re looking for.
The nearby feature is amazing and can really come in handy when visiting a new location, or just learning something cool about the surrounding area where you live.
Absolutely love it! First 5 star review I have posted on any Apple Watch app! Amazing job.
- Will Bishop
- 30.7 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 and watchOS 4.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Frequent/Intense Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © Will Bishop 2019
- In-App Purchases
- MiniWiki Pro $1.99
- MiniWiki Pro $2.99
- MiniWiki Pro $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.