Mia's mobile app provides access to special exhibition audio guides. The Minneapolis Institute of Art enriches the community by collecting, preserving, and making accessible outstanding works of art from the world’s diverse cultures.
Reorder audio tracks to improve visitor experience
Ratings and Reviews
Worked very well for me!
I haven't used this app for awhile, but used it again today. It was very easy to user, and worked great, except for two things:
1: When I started up the app (at the MIA), it asked me if I wanted to buy an audio tour. I did want to, but the screen didn't indicate what tour I would be buying. No exhibit name was mentioned. I took a chance, since the text provided looked like it was for Egypt's Sunken Cities, the exhibit I was going to attend. So it was the the correct one.
2. When I was ready to play audio #9, I turned on the display on my phone so select it, and all of the audios were gone, except for the free ones. I walked to the room where I listened to the previous audio, then the list came back. I returned to the exhibit that is described by audio #9, and had no problems after that. I was using version 2.1, which the Apple App Store described as containing all audios and pictures, to eliminate network issues.
With a few tweaks, this app will be great!
Great New MIA Exhibit
This app saves you a few bucks and was easy to use. Egypt’s Sunken Cities was a good exhibit and the audio from this app helped enhance the experience!
It Didn't Work...
This app was impossible to use. The audio would only play on the first 3 or 4 stops. I tried restarting my phone, deleting the app and redownloading it, using only the MIA's wifi, using only my cellular data.... nothing worked. It was very disappointing not to be able have the full Luther experience. I would recommend paying the extra $3 for the audio guide at the exhibit.
- The Minneapolis Institute of Arts
- 82.3 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 9+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © Minneapolis Institute of Art
- In-App Purchases
- Luther Audio Tour $2.99
- Matisse Audio Tour $1.99
- Egypt's Sunken Cities Audio $2.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.