Miro is the online whiteboard for team collaboration. With the magic of Miro, visualizing concepts, ideas, and solutions as a team can happen anywhere — no dry erase markers needed. With Miro’s online whiteboard, teams can sync, flow, and feel the connection of working side by side — even in remote, distributed, and hybrid work environments.
Miro’s whiteboard app for iPad and iPhone gives you the tools to collaborate with boards that put projects and context all in one place.
Our customers love using Miro’s online whiteboard to:
• Run online meetings and team workshops
• Brainstorm new ideas and designs on a limitless whiteboard
• Edit, annotate and mark up documents and PDFs
• Take digital notes with an Apple Pencil (and reduce paper use!)
• Easily collect resources, photos, docs, links, and references
• Plan and manage agile workflows and scrum rituals
• Create user journeys, map processes, and develop personas
• Teach online classes, replacing the classroom blackboard with an online whiteboard
• Create a vision board of ideas and inspiration
Miro’s whiteboard app allows you to create anytime, anywhere. With over 200+ pre-made templates, a drag-and-drop interface, and no limit on collaborators, working on our whiteboard is fast and fun.
With Miro’s whiteboard mobile app, you can:
• Scan paper post-it notes and convert them into editable digital notes
• Create, view, and edit all your boards
• Capture and organize your ideas on the go
• Share boards publicly or invite team members to edit
• Upload images, pictures, docs, spreadsheets, and more
• Share boards and invite team members to edit
• Review, add and resolve comments
On tablets, you can also use Miro’s whiteboard to:
• Draw concepts and sketch new design ideas with an Apple Pencil
• Convert pencil or stylus drawings into shapes, notes, and diagrams
• Set up your tablet as the second screen with Zoom or Microsoft Teams
Create Mind Maps to visualize your ideas
• Use Lasso to select and move sketches, drawings, or text anywhere on the whiteboard
• Use Highlighter to capture the attention of your team during a meeting
Get in touch:
If you enjoy using Miro’s online whiteboard for collaboration, please leave us a review. If something’s not working right or if you have a question or comment, get in touch with us using this form: https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?referer=store
A side-effect of collaboration is looking for ways to get better. So we’ve taken time to fix bugs and make a few small improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Needs better optimization
I’m really liking the app so far. I definitely don’t use it as much as many of the other people whose reviews I read, but what keeps me from using it more is that in contrast to most of the other apps I use on my iPad, this one has a constant feeling of clunkiness.
Load times take a while, the interface is packed, and there are not many gestures or quick access to some of the most commonly used functions apart from searching for them on the side. I very much like the app, it’s already pretty minimalist for a program, but it’s a different situation if you put it into the context of the rest of the iPad apps that I use, which makes it so that I don’t really use it that often. If it were more in line with the design, optimization, and minimalist approach that many other apps have adopted, I think it would be much better, and much more fun to use.
This app has the best concept for all sorts of collaboration and note taking. I personally would pay good money for this app if everything worked the way it is supposed to. I run into way too many bugs to the point where I cant even access the User Interface to undo or select the pencil tool. My screen often times becomes glitchy where the screen flickers on panning around the canvas or using the pencil my pen strokes flicker. I use this app for most of my work but I face these bugs way too often to the point that I am writing an online review. Half the time the User Interface doesn’t even appear on the board, I have to force restart multiple times for it to finally reset, and it doesn’t last long until the UI disappears again and I can’t access any tools or navigation icons. I hope to see changes in the near future because I really like the idea of vector based pen strokes and unlimited whiteboard space for scratch notes, as well as online collaboration with team members. I am hopeful for Miro to fix this and I hope these bug fixes are not prolonged for much longer because I simply cannot work efficiently, as I am spending more time restarting the app than I am actually working. (I use Miro on an iPad Pro 2020)
Developer Response ,
Hi there! Thank you for sharing your feedback. We're sorry you've faced issues with Miro app.
For further assistance, please submit a ticket to the Customer Support team using this form: https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/requests/new.
Looking forward to hearing from you!
One of the best for Distributed Teams
I’ve been using Miro for almost 3 years now and it has been a game changer. While I mostly use for brainstorming and ideation I also get to collaborate with others and not have to be in the same room. I’m not missing out on key information which is extremely important when you’re working on a Distributed team. Miro is not perfect but with each update it’s getting better. Wish there was an offline mode, way better graphs and tables and the video function needs some improvement.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Realtimeboard Inc.
- 28.6 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2011 RealtimeBoard Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.