If you are on MacOS 10.15 (Catalina), please allow Screen Recording in System Preferences / Security & Privacy. For assistance, please contact our 24/7 support engineers.
Application to mirror the screen and sound of your Mac to Android TV. Works on any TV, settop box or Media Player with the Android TV operating system.
You can also stream individual video files from your Mac to your Android TV. Also, we included the option to watch one window on your Mac, and another window on your TV!
App has been tested to work with:
- Philips Android TV
- Sony Android TV
- Bouygues Bbox Miami
In using the app, there will be a about 2 to 3 seconds of latency (lag). So this mirroring is not suitable for gaming.
However, it is very suitable for watching movies, giving presentations, watching photos, and much more!
The quality of your experience will be dependent on the quality of your local network. Some tips to enhance the experience:
1. Restart your router. Just take out the power plug, wait 10 seconds and put it back in. This resets your router and will make your home network faster and more stable. Why this works? Routers are in essence little computers, with software. Software will have small memory leaks and some processes will stop working correctly over time. That’s why it is a good idea to reset your router once in a while. Our recommendation: once a week.
2. Don’t do network intense work while screen mirroring. As explained, screen mirroring is network intense. For the best performance, don’t do other network intense work at the same time. This includes making timemachine backups over the network and uploading/downloading large files from the internet while screen mirroring.
3. Put your Mac and your Android TV on the same router channel. Some routers (dual band) have create both a 2.4Ghz and a 5Ghz wireless network. For the best performance, put your Mac and your TV on the same network. Preferably the 5Ghz network. But definitely not the Mac on 5Ghz and the TV on 2.4Ghz, because that will negatively impact the performance of screen mirroring.
4. Use an AC or N router. Newer routers support Wifi AC and N. Older routers might only have Wifi B and/or G. B and G are not really up to scratch anymore for modern networking tasks, so go for an AC or N router. If your router supports AC and N, also make sure that your router is set to use either the Wifi N or Wifi AC networking.
How the app works:
First, make sure that your Android TV is on the same local network and same subnet as your Mac. The TV should not be in screen mirroring mode, but just on "TV" Mode or any HDMI IN port.
After launching the app, you will see the app icon appearing in the top bar of your Mac and the app will look for your TV on the network. It will show your TV when it has found it. Now, you have two options:
Mirror your Mac Screen:
Use this option to put the screen of your Mac on TV. In source, you can select which screen (or attached monitor) you want to display on TV. If you are running multiple applications on your Mac, you can also select which application window you want to see on TV.
Enable Sound: check this to hear the sound of your Mac coming from the TV. You will need the additional (free) audio driver, which you can download here: http://bit.ly/MirrorAudio
Play Video File:
Use this option if you have a video file on your Mac and you want to play just the file on TV. Drop it in the box and it will play on TV.
Settings (the icon in the bottom right of the app): click here to request support from our 24/7 support staff. They usually respond within 2 hours on any query that you might have. If your question is technical, please also include the diagnostics information.
Limitations: Apple has HDCP DRM protection for playing iTunes movies. This means that screen mirroring is not possible when watching movies from iTunes.
When you like the app, please don't forget to give it a positive rating! Thanks in advance from the AirBeamTV development team!
Please give us feedback by mailing to email@example.com
- Bugfixes and Stability Improvements
Ratings and Reviews
The Colour on the TV is off, half the screen is black and white, while the other half has some colour, also theres double of everything on my screen, if theres an app on the right side of the screen then theres a copy of it on the left and thats for most things, also my home page apps go through any tab I open up, its very glitchy, any help?
Developer Response ,
Hi, thanks for your comment. We regret that you have a problem using the app. There are a number of reasons that can be the source of the problem (e.g. network, Mac or TV settings). Please contact us through the “send AirBeamTV Log” option in the app. Our free Support Team is available 24/7!
Works really well!
About the only complaint I can have with this product is probably not something associated directly with the product. The only issue I have found is that there is a buffer lag in the beginning of something I am mirroring. The buffer can skip portions of the video or freeze and it's just a mild annoyance. Other than that, I have had no difficulties using this product at all.
Too much Latency
I am on the same network with my Android TV, getting 3 - 4 second Latency.
Maybe for few cases, like showing your pictures on TV this app may work but i don't see any other reason to use this for casting.
Developer Response ,
Hi, thanks for your purchase. We regret to hear that you are having issues with the latency. This should be around 1-3 seconds. However, there are a number of reasons that can be the source of this problem (e.g. network (not the same as internet speed), computer or TV settings). Please contact us either via email (firstname.lastname@example.org), Facebook Messenger or through the “send diagnostic information” option in the app. Our support staff is available 24/7 to help you out. Thanks! We hope you can improve our star rating with this information.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- User Content
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- AirBeamTV BV
- 11.9 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires macOS 10.10 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2016-2021 AirBeamTV BV
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.