Application to mirror the screen and audio of your iPhone or iPad to your Roku. This can be any Roku Streaming Player, Roku Stick or Roku TV (from Hisense, TCL, Insignia and Sharp)! You can mirror any app on your iPhone or iPad to your Roku.
In using the app, there will be a couple of seconds of latency (usually between 1 and 3). So this mirroring is not suitable for gaming.
However, it is very suitable for watching movies, giving presentations, watching photos, and much more!
How the app works:
1. Make sure that your iPhone or iPad is connected to the same local network as your Roku. Don't use multiple VLANs, a VPN or subnets.
2. Launch the Mirror for Roku app. It will start looking for your Roku(s) on your local network. When a Roku Player, Stick or TV is found, please select it. When you use this app for the first time, your Roku will go to the Mirror for Roku install page. Select Add Channel to add the Mirror for Roku receiver on your Roku.
3. Turn on notifications for this app. We will not spam you, but we will use this to let you know if your Roku is working correctly or not. So please, please allow it, otherwise when things don't work as they should, you are left in the dark.
4. Click on Start Mirroring to start mirroring on the Roku that is currently selected. After that, you can just go to any other app on your iPhone or iPad and the mirroring just continues to run.
5. To stop mirroring, there are two options. (1) click on the red top bar that you will see on your iPhone or iPad. (2) Go to the Mirror for Roku app and click on Stop Mirroring.
Limitations and known issues:
- When screen mirroring from Safari, there is no audio. We advice to use the Dolphin Mobile Browser (free on the App Store) instead of Safari.
- Sometimes audio from other apps is not playing. In this case, start a screen mirroring session, then open the app you want to mirror. If there is no sound, just close the app you are mirroring and re-open it in the same mirroring session.
Some apps don't allow screen mirroring. For instance Netflix: when you start screen mirroring when running the Netflix app on your iPhone or iPad, the TV screen will turn black. This is a choice that Netflix made, there is nothing that we can do about that.
If you have questions or would like to provide feedback, please send us an e-mail or chat with us on our Facebook page.
What our users are saying:
"Worked great!" - 5 STARS - by HeatherWorky
Sure there is a slight delay, but I just turn down the audio on my iPhone and it’s fine. Works perfectly. Was about to pitch my roku but now I can use it with Spotify and other accounts. Thanks!
"Love it !!! Thank you developers" - 5 STARS - by Kenjikaea
It works smoothly for me currently on a iPhone X no lag at all I can watch movies play apps from my smart tv .
When you like the app, please don't forget to give it a positive rating! Thanks in advance from the AirBeamTV development team!
Please give us feedback by mailing to email@example.com
- Fixes an issue with Dark Mode
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
I bought this app and made sure to also download puffin web browser like the other reviews said thinking it would work. It does have sound unlike some of the other reviews. Every time I try to watch videos from puffin web browser it works for maybe 2 min and then freezes. It is jumpy and does not do its job. I thought maybe it was my internet connection but we have amazing internet speed and full bars for WiFi. I don’t have any internet problems when I’m not using this app. Something is wrong and I’m hoping they can fix otherwise I’ll be getting my money back.
Developer Response ,
Hi, thanks for taking the time to write a review about our Mirror for Roku app. Can you send us your diagnostics information (you can do this from within the app)? This way we can investigate any problem that you might be experiencing with our app and help you to fix it. Thanks!
I initially tried all the free ones I could find that claimed to do the same thing, and none of them worked properly. Even the one that let you try it once for free and then pay didn’t work. So I was understandably very hesitant to drop $5 just to see if this one did. It was a gamble that completely paid off. So far I’ve been able to stream videos multiple times with no problems. There’s a few-second delay, which is well advertised before you download it. As long as you make sure your audio and video are coming from your tv (instead of audio through phone and video on tv), there are no sync issues. Great app, and literally the only one I tried that actually worked!
My only disappointment, which is substantial enough to want to lower the stars I give, is that this company makes each tv brand it’s own app, so it’s another $5 if you want to stream to another branded tv, as well as the annoyance of it being a separate app on your phone. I really wish everything was included in one app.
That being said, wonderful job on making an app that works, and I hope my taking the time to give 5 stars will encourage you to make the proposed changes and keep working on perfecting the app. Thanks a bunch! (Much cheaper than an Apple TV!)
Developer Response ,
Hi Kenneth M, thanks a lot for your kind words. Our development team appreciates them and works towards improving our product. Enjoy using the app! :)
I tried this expecting the set-up to be painful and possibly not working, but prepared to request a refund if that happened. I saw that the app developers seemed really response to issues though and read reviews that they respond quickly. I also read a reviews that confirmed at least one person was able to cast the Peloton app, which is what I was trying to cast. Then I read another review and response from the developers that indicated if you are able to screen record the app and, you should be able to cast. So I tried that and easily confirmed that I could. I decided to give it a chance. OMGEE! I was able to set this up in 2 minutes and do my first 20 min workout with no problem at all!! Since this is only my first time using it, will have to see if the ease of use and performance remain consistent in the long-term. But for $5, thus far I am REALLY pleased! I searched for a solution on a whim this morning after trying multiple times in the past with no success. So color me happy!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.