Application to mirror the screen of your iPhone or iPad to any Samsung Smart TV. No wires and no additional hardware needed! You can mirror any app on your iPhone or iPad to your Samsung TV.
To mirror video as well as audio, please make sure that you start mirroring when you are in the app (Photos, YouTube, Facebook etc.) that you want to mirror to your TV.
This works on any Samsung Smart TV from the 2012 models onward. Which model year do you have? You can see that by looking at the middle letter in your model type (on the back of your Samsung TV).
E = 2012
F = 2013
H = 2014
J = 2015
K = 2016
M = 2017
N = 2018
R = 2019
Q = QLED (also supported)
UE55_E_S8000 = 2012.
UE78_H_U8500L = 2014.
In using the app, there will be a couple of seconds of latency (usually between 1 and 3). So this mirroring is not suitable for gaming.
However, it is very suitable for watching movies, giving presentations, watching photos, and much more!
How the app works:
1. Make sure that your iPhone or iPad is connected to the same local network as your Samsung TV. Don't use multiple VLANs or subnets.
2. Launch the Mirror for Samsung TV app. It will start looking for your Samsung TV(s) on your local network. When a TV is found, please select it. When you use this app for the first time, depending on your model Samsung TV, the TV might ask you to "allow" the connection. In that case, take your TV Remote Control and press OK to allow the connection from your TV to your iPhone or iPad.
3. Turn on notifications for this app. We will not spam you, but we will use this to let you know if your TV is working correctly or not. So please, please allow it, otherwise when things don't work as they should, you are left in the dark.
4. Click on Start Mirroring to start mirroring on the TV that is currently selected. After that, you can just go to any other app on your iPhone or iPad and the mirroring just continues to run.
5. To stop mirroring, there are two options. (1) click on the red top bar that you will see on your iPhone or iPad. (2) Go to the Mirror for Samsung TV app and click on Stop Mirroring.
Limitations and known issues:
- When screen mirroring from Safari, there is no audio. We advice to use the Dolphin Mobile Browser (free on the App Store) instead of Safari.
- Sometimes audio from other apps is not playing. In this case, start a screen mirroring session, then open the app you want to mirror. If there is no sound, just close the app you are mirroring and re-open it in the same mirroring session.
Some apps don't allow screen mirroring. For instance Netflix: when you start screen mirroring when running the Netflix app on your iPhone or iPad, the TV screen will turn black. This is a choice that Netflix made, there is nothing that we can do about that.
If you have questions or would like to provide feedback, please send us an e-mail or chat with us on our Facebook page.
What our users are saying:
"Amazing" - 5 STARS - by Pmanswah
At first I thought it was going to trash then saw the reviews and thought they were bots.I bought the app and used it and it worked perfectly perfect sound and audio this app is a match made in heaven for me.
"It Works!" - 5 STARS - by cutters60
At first had trouble setting it up, but after following the video guide to set it up, “Bingo” it works a treat. Also their support is brilliant, they responded in less than an hour of the query I emailed to them.
"Wonderful app!" - 5 STARS - by Alice Pheng
I was having problem connect my IPhone to my Samsung TV and so impress of the support team . They provide effective solution and I got it done in front mins. Try this very good app! Hope you like it too.
When you like the app, please don't forget to give it a positive rating! Thanks in advance from the AirBeamTV development team!
Please give us feedback by mailing to email@example.com
- Bugfixes and Stability Improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Don’t buy if trying to stream iTunes videos
Bought this app yesterday and was pretty satisfied with set up and even the lag (just a few seconds). It wasn’t until I tried playing my movies and tv shows off my iTunes that I encountered an issue. I got the following message: Cannot Play Movie. The connected display is not authorized to play protected movies.
When I followed up with their support team, they responded with the following:
Apple has HDCP DRM protection for playing iTunes movies. This means that they also block screen mirroring when watching movies from iTunes.
I suggested they add this info to their app description as it is currently not mentioned that iTunes isn’t supported. It’s very misleading and i never would’ve bought it had I known this ahead of time.
Developer Response ,
Hi jennenerberry, yes, Apple has decided to block Screen Mirroring when a video is playing from iTunes. They do this in order to prevent users from copying video content from iTunes. In the app description, we state that some apps do not allow screen mirroring. There is a simple test that you can do to see if the app that you want to mirror has blocked Screen Mirroring: Open that particular app and slide up Control Center on your iPhone/iPad. Then, click on Screen Recording and start recording the screen to your Camera Roll. Watch the app that you want to mirror and at some point stop the screen recording. Then go to your Photos app and watch the video that was recorded. If the recorded video shows the app you want to mirror, it works fine. If the video is empty, then the app you want to mirror does not allow Screen Mirroring. However, you should be able to mirror content from all other apps that allow Screen Mirroring. If mirroring iTunes movies is the only thing you purchased the app for, you can always get a refund from Apple. This is how that works: http://bit.ly/mac-refund
It works and customer support is amazing!
After doing a tremendous amount of research for mirroring with my Samsung TV and my iPhone X, I chose this app. I was able to get it to Mirror quite quickly. I reached out to the customer support through messenger and I could not believe how quickly I had a reply! I was having a challenge using one particular website and trying to get it to Mirror with appropriate sound through the television. The mirror part worked just fine however I could not understand why the volume would only come out of my phone. Apparently it has to do with certain websites blocking the ability to mirror and the customer service person was excellent about helping me with this and to verify it through a couple of simple steps. This app is well worth it if you wish to mirror things from your phone. Note: some websites may only allow sound thru your device. Support was outstanding.
AirBeamTv good apps!
Happy user but gave 4 stars instead 5 because of a little issue which was perfectly fixed with AirBeam tech support. As iPhone/iPad/Safari user I had to find solution to watch a video on my Samsung smart tv with the sound ON (using safari you’ll have a video but no sound available, to use another device for a sound - delay problem, sound doesn’t match with video) The solution was the Dolphin Web Browser, free, which is working just fine!
Now I’m watching my favorite movies on a big screen without any cords:) Just make sure your devices on the same network and close enough to each other:)
The tech support is great, patient and very responsive! Thank you, AirBeamTv guys for a great apps!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.