Application to mirror the screen of your iPhone or iPad to any Sony Smart TV. No wires and no additional hardware needed! You can mirror any app on your iPhone or iPad to your Sony TV.
This works on any Sony Smart TV from the 2012 models onward.
In using the app, there will be a couple of seconds of latency (usually between 1 and 3). So this mirroring is not suitable for gaming.
However, it is very suitable for watching movies, giving presentations, watching photos, and much more!
How the app works:
1. Make sure that your iPhone or iPad is connected to the same local network as your Sony TV. Don't use multiple VLANs, a VPN or subnets.
2. Launch the Mirror for Sony TV app. It will start looking for your Sony TV(s) on your local network. When a TV is found, please select it. When you use this app for the first time, depending on your model Sony TV, the TV might ask you to "allow" the connection. In that case, take your TV Remote Control and press OK to allow the connection from your TV to your iPhone or iPad.
3. Turn on notifications for this app. We will not spam you, but we will use this to let you know if your TV is working correctly or not. So please, please allow it, otherwise when things don't work as they should, you are left in the dark.
4. Click on Start Mirroring to start mirroring on the TV that is currently selected. After that, you can just go to any other app on your iPhone or iPad and the mirroring just continues to run.
5. To stop mirroring, there are two options. (1) click on the red top bar that you will see on your iPhone or iPad. (2) Go to the Mirror for Sony TV app and click on Stop Mirroring.
Limitations and known issues:
- When screen mirroring from Safari, there is no audio. We advice to use the Dolphin Mobile Browser (free) instead of Safari.
- Sometimes audio from other apps is not playing. In this case, start a screen mirroring session, then open the app you want to mirror. If there is no sound, just close the app you are mirroring and re-open it in the same mirroring session.
Some apps don't allow screen mirroring. For instance Netflix: when you start screen mirroring when running the Netflix app on your iPhone or iPad, the TV screen will turn black. This is a choice that Netflix made, there is nothing that we can do about that.
If you have questions or would like to provide feedback, please send us an e-mail or chat with us on our Facebook page.
When you like the app, please don't forget to give it a positive rating! Thanks in advance from the AirBeamTV development team!
Please give us feedback by mailing to email@example.com
- Added translated descriptions for Arabic, Hindi, Polish and Ukranian
- Changed the FAQ
- Bug fixes and performance improvements
Ratings and Reviews
It works... but!!!
It does what it says it does but web browsers chrome and safari are not fully supported. You will need to install puffin web browser.
This mirror technology also has a slight delay/latency even after installing airbeam tv on my Sony Bravia.
Like i said. This really does work but not what I was fully looking for. My advice to hardcore streamers would be to purchase an Apple TV, hook it up to you tv and use Apple’s mirror tech instead.
So I bought a sony TV like 5 years ago. I legit tried everything to get my iPhone to screen mirror without buying all these cables. It was so easy! Obviously I made sure that my phone and tv were connected to WiFi. I downloaded the app and refreshed to find my TV and it finally happened!!! I’m so happy. Now I can do my Nike training club workouts on the TV and everything. There is a delay from my phone to the TV however I mute my phone and I don’t know the difference!! Thanks so much app developers. Best $5 ever.
You need the Dolphin browser.
Apple TV is expensive. Most of the apps cost, and the free apps, as with many services have streaming issues. You need the dolphin browser to hear audio while mirroring. You can get lightning to hdmi for apple, and just need a hdmi cord. I for one don’t want these services having access to my money since you can not walk into a business, and talk with them. Paying wireless has lead to many problems. Don’t use Bluetooth in your ears causes health problems.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.