Enjoy the most reliable screen mirroring app for your Sony Smart TV. Stream movies, photos and apps from your iPhone or iPad to a Sony TV screen. Completely wireless!
Application to mirror the screen of your iPhone or iPad to any Sony Smart TV. No wires and no additional hardware needed! You can mirror any app on your iPhone or iPad to your Sony TV.
This works on any Sony Smart TV from the 2012 models onward.
In using the app, there will be a couple of seconds of latency (usually between 1 and 3). So this mirroring is not suitable for gaming.
However, it is very suitable for watching movies, giving presentations, watching photos, and much more!
How the app works:
1. Make sure that your iPhone or iPad is connected to the same local network as your Sony TV. Don't use multiple VLANs, a VPN or subnets.
2. Launch the Mirror for Sony TV app. It will start looking for your Sony TV(s) on your local network. When a TV is found, please select it. When you use this app for the first time, depending on your model Sony TV, the TV might ask you to "allow" the connection. In that case, take your TV Remote Control and press OK to allow the connection from your TV to your iPhone or iPad.
3. Turn on notifications for this app. We will not spam you, but we will use this to let you know if your TV is working correctly or not. So please, please allow it, otherwise when things don't work as they should, you are left in the dark.
4. Click on Start Mirroring to start mirroring on the TV that is currently selected. After that, you can just go to any other app on your iPhone or iPad and the mirroring just continues to run.
5. To stop mirroring, there are two options. (1) click on the red top bar that you will see on your iPhone or iPad. (2) Go to the Mirror for Sony TV app and click on Stop Mirroring.
Limitations and known issues:
Some apps block Screen Mirroring. This means that application developers can choose themselves if they want to block Screen Mirroring. For instance, Netflix, Disney and AppleTV+ have decided to block this.
There is a simple test that you can do to see if the app that you want to mirror has blocked Screen Mirroring:
Open that particular app and slide up Control Center on your iPhone/iPad. Then, click on Screen Recording and start recording the screen to your Camera Roll. Watch the app that you want to mirror and at some point stop the screen recording. Then go to your Photos app and watch the video that was recorded. If the recorded video shows the app you want to mirror, it works fine. If the video is empty, then the app you want to mirror does not allow Screen Mirroring.
You can purchase the Mirror for Sony TV Pro Version through an in app purchase.
The Pro Version has the following features:
1. Adds audio to the screen mirroring
2. Provides for free lifetime updates of the app
3. Gives the option to choose higher screen resolutions, like 720p and 1080p
* Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
* Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period.
* Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal.
* Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user’s Account Settings after purchase.
* Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable.
Feel free to check:
If you have questions or would like to provide feedback, please send us an e-mail or chat with us on our Facebook page.
When you like the app, please don't forget to give it a positive rating! Thanks in advance from the AirBeamTV development team!
Please give us feedback by mailing to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bugfixes and performance improvements
Ratings and Reviews
The review rate might be correct
I decided to purchase this app since I read some reviews said this app is great app and worth higher review rate.
After using it, I just gave 3 stars. First, there is a lag. After clicking start broadcasting, it needs 30 seconds to start mirroring. And there are around 2 - 3 lag between phone and TV.
Second, it makes internet slow. I don’t understand why it happens. When my phone becomes very slow when mirroring but it is normal when stop mirroring.
Developer Response ,
Hi, thanks for your purchase. We regret to hear that you are having issues with the latency. This should be around 1-3 seconds. However, there are a number of reasons that can be the source of this problem (e.g. network (not the same as internet speed), computer or TV settings). Please contact us either via email (email@example.com), Facebook Messenger or through the “send diagnostic information/AirBeamTV Log” option in the app. Our support staff is available 24/7 to help you out. Thanks! We hope you can improve our star rating with this information.
It Does Work
I was skeptical after reading a lot of reviews and was worried I was going to waste my money, but I did not! It took a little bit of time playing around with it, ensuring my TV was connected, shutting it on and off and refreshing the app, but after only a few minutes I was up and running. I even connected with the Facebook messenger support and they got back to me very quickly. However, I didn’t even need their assistance since it connected easily on its own. Just make sure your phone and TV are on the same WiFi and it should connect and your TV will pop up right on the app. Again, don’t be discouraged if it takes a few minutes and refreshes. After you get it, it is exactly what you’re looking for! Saved me $50 and a trip to the store/ waiting for days for an HDMI cord to ship. It does have a 3 second delay, but if you lower your phone sound, you can still turn up the TV volume, and you can’t even tell! It probably would work for FaceTime for something for this reason, but works perfectly for streaming everything else. Definitely worth the $5!
I purchased this app around a year ago. I have only used this to sync to my Sony tv for home work outs through iOS devices. Never used it for movies or sports. But it has always worked for my purposes with NO problems. I would definitely recommend to others. Recently they changed it from a purchase app to subscription model. I had a problem getting it to work based on this subscription change. I contacted customer service through text messages and they had it working for me again within an hour. Great customer service in my opinion. Other online services can take days for a response. Very happy w the purchase thus far.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- User Content
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- AirBeamTV BV
- 130.7 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © AirBeamTV BV
- In-App Purchases
- Monthly Subscription $4.99
- Yearly Subscription $14.99
- Yearly Subscription $14.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.