Mirror Magnet puts a live camera image on your desktop that stays on top of everything else.
The app lives in your menu bar. And it’s smart! The video fades out and blurs when you hover it with your mouse cursor, so it never gets in your way. Customize its appearance (shape, border, aspect ratio) and improve your look through fine-grained video adjustments.
Whether you record your screen for a tutorial, stream gameplay or share your screen on video calls—Mirror Magnet will instantly make your presentations more personal. It’s a tremendous time safer for tutorial creators who record their screen and want to display a live portrait of themselves at the same time—no more separate video recording and syncing in post-production! Mirror Magnet also detects virtual webcams (like OBS) and is able to display the screen of cable-connected iOS devices.
• Supports built-in, external and virtual webcams
• Detects connected iOS devices as camera
• Fine-grained video adjustments: saturation, brightness, contrast, hue, quality, zoom factor
• Customizable looks: shape, aspect ratio, orientation, size, border, shadow, opacity
• Intelligent and configurable opacity and blur on mouse hover
• Multi-monitor support
• Quick toggle: Use a global hot key or option-click the app icon
• Autostart: Launch the app automatically on login
• Optimized for macOS 11+
• Optimized for Mac with M1 (Apple Silicon)
I, the developer, believe that privacy is a human right. Mirror Magnet does not collect analytics data. It is not able connect to the internet due to self-imposed restrictions that are managed by the operating system. All of your data remains offline, on your computer, where it belongs.
If you enjoy the app, please consider leaving a review! It’s a great way to support indie developers like yours truly. Feel free to drop me a message if you’d like to share a feature suggestion or improvement idea: email@example.com
I’ve made a number of improvements so the app is even better for you. Have anything else you’d like to suggest? I’d love to hear from you → firstname.lastname@example.org
• Support for Virtual Webcams (like OBS)
• Screen Capturing: Detects connected iOS devices as camera
• Improved Brightness and Contrast options
Ratings and Reviews
Great work! 😊
I am loving it. It is a big time saver when I do not want to use ScreenFlow and just use Quicktime.
Thank you and have an amazing day! 😊
Love the app, but needs improvements
This app is great (like the rest of the apps from this developer, it is very slick and high quality!).
There are however some areas for improvment:
1. I wish the app remembered my external monitors and mirror placement
2. It's annoying to have to re-select external cameras (such as when re-plugging laptop to a dock that has a USB camera attached)
3. The mirror position is pre-set and sometime I wish I could move it around and resize it freely to make it work better with different layouts
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- IXEAU UG (haftungsbeschraenkt)
- 46.3 MB
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2021 IXEAU
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.