Mission WV's THINK program provides effective, evidence-based reproductive health and healthy relationship education in West Virginia. As part of our program, teen students, parents and guardians can download the free Mission WV THINK app to connect anonymously with educators, find answers to their questions and explore helpful resources for navigating being a teen in today’s world.
After downloading the Mission WV THINK app, teen student users will anonymously select their West Virginia county, school, grade, age and avatar photo. After this fast setup process, student users will automatically get connected with an educator representing their school. The student and educator can then have an in-app, private conversation on the questions or topics in a judgement-free zone. Students are always anonymous, but students will know the name of the educator that they are messaging.
The same setup goes for parents and guardians, though parents/guardians can optionally provide their name. Parent/guardian users can also have multiple educator connections, as they may have students in multiple West Virginia counties or schools.
Once the Mission WV THINK app has been downloaded, students, parents and guardians are not required to connect with an educator to use other helpful app resources. Any user who downloads the app will have instant access to categorized resources, Mission WV events and support for those in crisis.
Let’s talk about our app and your privacy.
- Though we ask a series of questions to connect you with the appropriate educator, teen students are completely anonymous, and parents/guardians may choose to remain anonymous.
- Teen students can anonymously connect with your school’s assigned educator to ask questions.
- Students will know the educator by name, but students will be anonymous to the educator.
- Parents and guardians can anonymously connect with multiple school educators to ask questions.
- Parents and guardians will know the educator by name, but parents and guardians will be anonymous to the educator if anonymity is desired.
- To respect privacy, our teen student and parent/guardian app users will not have an account with Mission WV.
- A button to “reset” the app is accessible under the “Settings” screen. Pressing this button will reset the app and clear your private data from the device. You will be prompted if you are sure that you want to reset the app. If you choose “Yes” upon this prompt, your data will be cleared from the device, and you can start the onboarding process again when you have more questions or need resources.
- We will not sell or share our user information, though we will be pulling app usage reports to support our grants. Those reports will NOT contain specifics on questions asked. We respect your privacy and will keep your information safe. Questions? Email email@example.com.
Minor bug fixes and performance enhancements updates.
Ratings and Reviews
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Other Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- MISSION WEST VIRGINIA, INC
- 14.8 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2021 Mission West Virginia, Inc.