Limitless sonic options, now for iPad
MixBox CS packs 8 (upgradeable up to 77) award-winning mixing processors and creative effects into a convenient 500-series style iPad app.
Create, compare and save your own custom channel strips or multiFX chains, or choose from over 600 presets (with the Full version) to give your creativity a kickstart. Whether in your favorite host app or stand-alone, MixBox CS combines a massive range of effects and powerful workflow to supercharge your mixes.
Every processor offers immaculate sound, from powerful digital effects to warm, authentic physical models of classic analog gear. Divided into Amps, Channel Strips, Delays, Distortions, Dynamics, EQ, Filters, Modulations, Reverbs and Saturations, it’s easy to find just what you need. Derived from IK’s award-winning T-RackS, AmpliTube and SampleTank products, they offer the same professional sound quality in a convenient, portable app.
All processors can be inserted anywhere in the chain and are easily interchangeable. Each one comes with helpful controls and features for better mixing, production, and sound design.
MixBox is AUv3 compliant to work seamlessly with other music production and recording apps. It offers a freely configurable rack with slots for up to 8 processors, plus independent gain and mix controls, plus a sidechain control for dynamics processing*.
Standalone, MixBox is perfect for live mixing, allowing you to set up to 8 separate racks, each with up to 8 processors. Combine and assign these to your audio device’s inputs/outputs, adjust each one’s gain and level, and you’ll have a massive digital FX rack with up to 64 simultaneous FX. It includes a selection of built-in audio demos to use as reference tracks to audition any of the modules and presets.
To get you going quickly, MixBox CS offers a presets library containing more than 25 presets. By upgrading to the full version, you will unlock a comprehensive library of more than 600 presets covering everything from live mixing to sound design, for both individual processors and whole chains. You can also create and save your own presets for each individual module, the full rack, and even the whole app’s global state as a song.
With MixBox, you can enjoy supercharged mixes and FX, wherever you are.
- Create your own custom channel strips
- Includes 8 effects modules. Upgradeable to over 71 FX from T-RackS, AmpliTube & SampleTank
- Dynamics, EQs, Filters, Modulation, Channel Strips, Saturation, Reverbs, Delays, Distortion and Amps
- 4 all-new algorithms for hall, room, plate and inverse reverbs
- Chain up to 8 processors in a single instance
- Lightning-fast workflow with all controls at your fingertips
- Save and recall entire chains, instantly
- Upgradeable to over 600 presets for every situation, including single processor and whole-chain presets
- Stand-alone hosts up to 8 full racks for live mixing
- Audio Player module for importing and playing back audio files
- Sidechain Compression via AU Multi-Bus*
- Wet/Dry FX control per module or Rack master
- AUv3 plug-in support
*Requires compressors only available in the paid full version.
What’s New in v1.5.1.
- New module pack available for purchase: Sunset Sound Reverb Collection
- An SE edition available for purchase, with upgrade path to Full
- Improved Preset Sharing - you can now import and export multiple presets at a time
- Fixed a bug that locked in-app purchases in standalone after going offline
Ratings and Reviews
Very Nice effects. sounds great.
The only con is that it takes forever to load the preset pop up. Which makes browsing through presets vastly unusable and not worth using. It’s for this reason I don’t use it as much as I would like to.
One stop shop
Sounds amazing! Don’t need all my other audio units now. Go to for vocals and acoustic guitar every recording session. (Using iPad Pro) Recorded a Dean acoustic bass with a Lewitt 540s condenser and ran it through the bass presets, killer sound! No other audio units even come close for getting a good sound whatever instrument or vocal you are recording. Keep the expansion kits coming!
No presets with upgrade purchase
After restoring purchase, deleting and reinstalling app using restore purchase again i have access to FX but there are no presets. I have requested a refund. I was annoyed at first but now think i probably have too many FX already, this was the universe telling me too many choices can stifle creativity.
Also their support page sends you in circles back to the same page offering faqs but no link to email or contact. Thats some slimy ducking of responsibility don’t you think?
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- IK Multimedia US, LLC
- 360.8 MB
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2022 IK Multimedia Production srl
- In-App Purchases
- Upgrade to Full $79.99
- Sunset Sound Reverb Collection $19.99
- SE Edition $19.99
- Upgrade SE to Full $59.99