Delicious cocktail recipes, powerful filters and sorting, and social features - the most fun way to improve your next party or event.
Input your ingredients, see which cocktails you can make.
Get started with FREE cocktail recipes. Fancy a martini or margarita? Holidays coming up? With Mixel, mixed drinks have never been so easy.
Unlock over 2500 craft cocktail recipes, including holiday cocktails. A fully sortable, searchable database. We'll show you the top cocktail recipes you can make using the ingredients you own. With recipes from world-renowned sources. We built a powerful search and filter engine supporting hashtags, ratings, notes, flavors, and more. So you can find the perfect drink for any occasion.
Create and save your own cocktail recipes, synced to all your devices. Your information is backed up to the cloud, so your data is always available. Switching devices? Just sign in to your Mixel account to pick up where you left off.
Unleash your inner mixologist. Stock your bar with the ingredients you have, then filter and sort drinks by those you are able to make. Want to try a new drink you're sure to like? Sort by flavor or search by ingredient. Keep track of your favorite drinks or ones you haven't tried yet. Search titles, ingredients, sources, and more to find the perfect drink for any occasion.
A cocktail for every taste. Vodka drinks like the Martini and Cosmopolitan. Rum drinks like the Mojito. Tequila cocktails like the Margarita. We have them all. Input your ingredients and throw a cocktail party!
Why Mixel? You'll see... we designed the app to use a delightful 8-bit pixel art style. It's just as fun to use as it was for us to make. So get started!
Want more details? How about...
• Over 2500 curated cocktail recipes from only the best published sources. Classics, variations, modern takes, and one-offs. The best cocktails—they're all here!
• Broaden your horizons. Unlock packs of themed recipes including holiday cocktails, gin drinks, whiskey drinks, vodka drinks, tiki cocktails, and many more! Aperitivo anyone?
• Over 600 ingredients to add to your bar, all with beautiful pixel art. We made sure not to leave any out!
• Quickly view all recipes that use a cocktail ingredient. Great for discovering new favorite drinks. Really like champagne? Try the French 75!
• Not sure if what you have at home will work for a recipe? Tap an ingredient and get the essential information. Does a margarita recipe use orange juice? Find out quickly and easily.
• Create, customize, and share your own personal recipes. Pro tip: Tag us on Instagram and we may put your recipe in the app!
• Add any ingredients you may need to a shopping list, directly from Mixel. Keep track of your cocktail inventory.
Features included FREE
• 80 classic cocktail recipes and all 600+ ingredients
• Mixel Maximizer: Calculate what you should buy next to get the most out of your ingredients
• Unit conversion: Convert between metric and imperial units
• Shopping list: Keep track of ingredients you need to buy
• Basic filters: Filter by flavor, favorite, bookmarked, etc.
• Ingredient creator: Add any ingredients you own that we missed
• Cocktail creator: Add your own recipes and benefit from the power of Mixel
• Tasting notes: Add personal notes to each recipe
Subscribe to unlock Premium:
• More recipes, organized into specialized packs (gin, vodka, whiskey, tropical, holiday, etc.)
• All 2000+ recipes, plus any recipes and features added in the future
• Share recipes with screenshot, link, or collaborative editing
• Share your bar ingredients among Mixel users
• Color themes, including dark mode
• Sync your photos to recipes
• Recipe rating and public comments
• Advanced filter capabilities
Stability improvements and bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
Finally, a bar app that "thinks" like a bartender
The thing this app gets right is that spirit brand names fall onto categories of spirits, and some of those categories are similar enough to be somewhat interchangeable. Most cocktail recipes are developed as essentially advertising for specific brand names, which makes the recipes confusing for people who don't know much about them or which other spirits are likely to be similar enough in flavor profile to be used instead. This app does away with brand names for the base spirits altogether (though they're smart enough to include them in the database so you can still search for them) and tells you which of your character- driven liquers will work well enough when a recipe calls for something else.
The only thing I actually need to use my experience-based bartending knowledge for when using the app is to make adjustments in recipe ratios to compensate for the flavor differences that I "know" to be true for such substitutions, but I can see future iterations of this app (or one like it) being able to do this as well if the flavor characteristics are appropriately coded in the back end.
Great job you guys, this is the app I recommend to people who are looking to get going with their home bar.
Cool & Creative.
Very inventive, I don’t need the other apps I downloaded to test out - this will do fine.
This app gives you all the freedom in the world to stock, learn, create and explore. It’s digital theme, sound effects and the ability to customize not only your digital bar but the little things like the font style, sound, and even the apps color options add a great touch - the little things add up. A great amount info and overall style, I love how we can build a collection of our own creations.
I really don’t drink much, but it’s very interesting to try new drinks and experiment here and there ...wether we’re good at that or not. Doesn't stop me from taste testing. The app makes it more fun.
And lastly this app was free but I see myself visiting their Mixel Shop soon to see what other ingredients are out there.
A nice surprise
I’ve tried probably dozens of drink recipe and/or ingredient-tracking apps—I installed about four different ones, including this one, on the same day. I seem to gravitate to this one. When i need a quick recipe, or can’t decide what to make, this is the one I tend to open. I got a new liquor about a week ago, and realized I should add it to my “bar”—I opened the app and found that I’d already added it sometime in the last week. That was when I realized I was no longer testing this app, I was using it regularly and relying on it. Forget brand names, forget “Order Now!” buttons, this app will tell you what you can make and how to make it with what you have on hand. Simple mission, simple art, simple interface, simply useful.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- User Content
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Cool Font LLC
- 87 MB
- Food & Drink
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- 17+ Frequent/Intense Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2022 Cool Font LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Premium $1.99
- Premium $11.99
- Mixel Premium $29.99
- User Creations Pack $0.00
- Base Upgrade $3.99
- Whiskey Pack $1.99
- Gin Pack $0.99
- Tiki Pack $1.99
- Vodka Pack $0.99
- Tequila & Mezcal Pack $0.99
Some in‑app purchases, including subscriptions, may be shareable with your family group when Family Sharing is enabled.