MKPlayer is an easy-to-use media player designed to offer unique features to enjoy watching videos and listening to music:
- Play movies on your TV with a simple click (check compatibility before unlocking)
- Safari Extension to help you to easily open videos found on websites
- AirPlay support: limited to AirPlay compatible video formats only
- Simply drop files to the Dock icon to play them
- MKPlayer can stay on top of all your windows
- Responsive control panel layout, looks great if the player size is small (mini player)
- Watch video files with alternate audio tracks and multilingual subtitles
- Add any custom subtitle to your video
- Conveniently configure video adjustment parameters
- Quickly play almost every audio format
** Pro Features (only available on MacOS High Sierra and Mojave) **
- Easily watch movies on the big screen of your smart TV. (you can check the compatibility of your TV before the purchase.)
- Listen to any audio file on your smart TV
Pro Features needs to be unlocked with an in-app purchase
** Safari Extension (needs to be enabled at Safari Preferences) **
Click on the Toolbar button to see the list of videos and audio files found on any website and open them with MKPlayer.
** Alternate audio tracks and multilingual subtitles **
MKPlayer is optimised to play media container files, such as MKV with more than one audio track and several subtitles. You can easily select your preferred audio and subtitle and also change them without stopping the video
** Video adjustment **
Quickly adjust several parameters of your currently playing video such as brightness, contrast, saturation and more.
[fixed] Bug causing crashes when closing media
Ratings and Reviews
Simple UX with Quality Big Screen Playback
Needed to play an MKV on my Samsung 65" TV. VLC & one other player I already had played it fine but I felt the quality lacked when cast to the big screen. Streaming through MKPLayer was surprisngly visually smoother and clearer than the other apps and the simple, two clicks to get it there is exactly what a modern Mac app experience should be. I love the ease of use of my Apple TV and Airplay for most of my videos. Now I have a way that's just as simple to stream anything those don't natively support. Nice work.
Support Unavailable - Cannot Control TV Playback
MKPlayer was purchased to allow us to stream files to an LG TV. Being able to test the app was a nice feature before comitting to purchase. The app was purchased once we coudl sucessfully steam to the TV.
It appears this is using the Miracast feature, similat to AirPlay, to acomplish this.
Once we started streaming the move we learned 2 flaws.
1. I am unable to move backward or forward in the file being played. This does not work within the app on the computer nor does it work using the remote or on-screen controls on the TV. Inability to fast forward or rewind is a huge omission and it should be noted by the company before they allow th app to be purchased.
2. The second problem is that you cannot contac the comapny for support. Using the Support, Help or Report a Problem choices in the app takes you to the same FAW page on their site. The FAQ directs you to use the in-app options for support if the FAQ cannot answer your question. This is cruel joke to play on a inflexbile dude who just need to get a yoga video cued to the right spot so his girlfiend can laugh at him.
The app business model of selling half baked programs, preventing access to actual support and hiding it all behind the impersonal app store is a complete crock. We all desereve better.
Developer Response ,
Dear Semper Pickle!
Thanks for mentioning that you could successfully stream videos to your LG TV. We're constantly working on improving the app based on feedback and suggestions.
1. The app uses AirPlay and UPNP protocol to stream videos to the built in player of your TV. Jump back and forward is implemented by the app and it works for several video formats and Smart TVs. If the player of the TV does not allow the seeking for our player, there is nothing we can do. Besides we'll double-check our implementation.
2. We've decided to recommend "Report Problem" menu item within our app for contacting us, because it can send us advanced information about the current media file. It helps our support work a lot. Feel free to use the menu, so we can have further discussion.
Thx for a FREE MKV Player !
Clean, Solid, UI friendly, and FREE ! Thx for making my media experience drag & drop, or open. A 2 second action. I had to convert MKV to something QT7 Pro would play, like MPEG. But now, Open, movie. I look at the time I have saved for conversions, and say thank you. Time is something you never get back.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.