Looking for tools to help you stay on track in your recovery from addiction to alcohol or other drugs? Field Guide to Life is intended for use by those who are new to recovery, but can be used by anyone who is seeking support staying sober one day at a time.
Created by Hazelden Publishing, Field Guide to Life includes inspiring daily messages that can be shared with friends, a sober counter visible anytime you open the app, a handy list of the 12 Steps, videos featuring recovery experts, a customizable home screen, and more. No in-app purchase required.
• Daily guidance and inspiration: A full year of inspirational messages and activities to support your first year of recovery.
• Favorites and share: Save and retrieve your favorite daily messages and share them with a friend.
• Daily reminders: Set the time of day to receive a notification to read the daily message.
• Videos: Hear positive messages from recovery experts and others in recovery.
• Sober counter: Enter your sober birthday so you can view your sober stats anytime you open the app.
• Stop cravings, stay motivated: Upload images of family, friends, passions, and whatever else keeps you motivated in order to help stop cravings.
• Progress tracker: Track your obstacles in recovery such as stress, anger, and anxiety. Also track the ways you tackle those challenges such as mediation, honesty, and exercise.
• Your support system: Reach out to your support system, such as a sponsor, at the touch of the SOS button.
• Relapse prevention: Know what causes relapse and create a response plan to avoid it.
The White House Behavioral Health Patient Empowerment Challenge award was presented to Hazelden Publishing for its Field Guide to Life app for providing crucial first-year support to people newly recovering from addiction.
• Formatted to fit iPhone X series phones.
• Opens quicker for faster access to your readings and tools.
• Faster transitions within the app.
• Fixed a bug that was causing problems with the Craving tool images and captions.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
I’m thankful, so grateful for this app and the new beginning for my life. It is blessing to have come across field guide as I seek guidance for this way of life. Thank you!
Wonderful reminder in the evening
I'm grateful for this app and its ability remind me at 4:55 to plan for my evening. It helps to keep me focused and counting my blessings. If I don't want to be "outted" I turn off the notifications.
I also really like the ability to forward text of the main body or email the whole page. If I want to send the whole page as a text I can always select all and copy.
I appreciate the day tracker and the relapse planner. I need to complete that but I'm glad it's there. And the SOS button, while I've not yet had to use it, feels like it could be a life saver.
Maybe good for beginners
For the price I expected more. Got suckered in by a daily reading from another app directing me to this one. Daily readings very basic and weak. Most of the functions in the app outside of the daily reading are already included on most phones or a place to hold your phones pictures for “inspiration” to stay sober. Disappointed. Love Touchstones but this’ll be my last Hazelden purchase. As always with apps, there’s no way to get a refund.
Developer Response ,
We appreciate your feedback on our Field Guide to Life app and are happy to hear that you enjoy the Touchstones app. We strive for customer satisfaction for all of our products so please be assured that our product team will review your comments when considering future app functionality. If you have any additional feedback, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Stanton Publication Services Inc
- 11.5 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 8.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © Hazelden 2012
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.