Mobile Mouse instantly transforms your iPad into a wireless remote and oversized multi-touch trackpad for your computer! Sit back and use this remote to surf the web, browse your photo library or control your music player from the comfort of your couch. Mobile Mouse is an essential part of any home theater PC and a presenter's best friend. Mobile Free Mouse uses an innovative application notification system to let the iPad know what program you are running at any time and show the appropriate keys for that program. This allows Mobile Mouse to provide a single screen remote for controlling ALL your media and web applications. Mobile Mouse is the only app to feature a full fledged dock, just like you'd find on your Mac! Mobile Free Mouse supports all the most popular web and media programs for the Mac and PC. New remote definitions are automatically downloaded daily to your computer, so you will always have the newest remotes as we create them.
Features (FREE Version):
- Trackpad (full screen vertical and landscape modes)
- Application notifications
- Remote keyboard
- On screen typing
- Password protection
- Custom sensitivity settings
- Foreign language keyboards
- Supports Bonjour or static IP
- No screen size limitation. Works with multiple monitors.
- Landscape keyboard (shake in landscape mode to show)
- Scroll pad
- Left and Right mouse buttons
- Multitouch gestures (scroll & right click)
There is also a PRO version which features:
- Tech support & Free updates
- Application switcher (works just like the dock in OS X)
- File Browser
- Advanced, programmable multitouch gestures, including all found in Lion
- Media Remote (w/vol up/down and eject buttons)
- Web Remote
- Numeric keyboard
- Modifier Keys
- Programmable hotkeys (can be set to run a program or keyboard combination)
- Sleep/Wake your computer
- And much, much, much more.
View our demo video and website to see all that Mobile Mouse can do for you.
- iOS 3.2+
- Mac OS X 10.6+ (Intel)
- Windows XP/Vista/7/8 (32/64bit)
- WIFI router (works best on a local area network or Ad hoc network)
- Mobile Mouse Server Software
** BEFORE YOU RUN THE SOFTWARE ** you will need to download the server application from : http://www.mobilemouse.com
** IMPORTANT ** IF YOU HAVE ANY PROBLEMS AT ALL, PLEASE CHECK THE TROUBLESHOOTING SECTION ON OUR SITE. We cannot provide technical support for the free version. If you are having problems, please take a look at our troubleshooting section on the website as well as the user forums, or consider purchasing the PRO version.
Visit our site for demos and setup instructions.
Provides remote control capabilities for programs like iTunes, VLC, Front Row, Windows Media Center, WinAmp, Firefox, Safari, boxee, PowerPoint, Keynote, and much more!
- New Icon
- Improved UI
- Bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Good App, not excellent
Free Version: Works only when you are logged in to an account. Does not work for User Account Control (UAC) pop ups (when your computer needs permissions). Mouse control is good, keyboard is good.
For free, it's a great app!
I use this app for Netflix, as an extension so I don't have to keep getting up to use the mouse on my iMac after every show. For my purposes, it works incredibly well, and I especially like the pop-up keyboard feature for typing in searches and such.
Yes, it's a little laggy, and the add to go Pro pops up every 5 min or so, but for a free app, it exceeds expectations!
In the future, I would love to see a volume control integrated into the features. That seems to be what I have the hardest time with. But otherwise, I'd recommend this app for those of you looking to have control over your cursor from afar!
Great app. Always works when I need it.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.