It’s never been more important to protect your iOS device and help keep your online data private.
Introducing the all new McAfee Mobile Security app! Now with new premium features including Wi-Fi Guard VPN.
McAfee’s Mobile Security software provides you with the ultimate protection for your iOS device by strengthening your iPhone or iPad’s security with System Security Scan, Secure Wi-Fi Scan, Anti-Theft Protection, Media Vault & Contacts Backup, as well as helping you to find your lost or stolen iPhone or iPad using McAfee’s GPS tracker.
MOBILE SECURITY’S FEATURES
System Security Scan
Secure Wi-Fi Scan
No In-App Ads (Premium Plan – STANDARD Only)
Safe Web (Premium Plan – STANDARD Only)
Unlimited Wi-Fi Guard VPN (Premium Plan – PLUS Only)
NEW – Premium PLUS Only
Unlimited Wi-Fi Guard VPN
- Premium users get unlimited Wi-Fi Guard VPN protection to defend against unsecured public Wi-Fi hotspots.
- Remove geo-restrictions and establish a secure IP Proxy.
- Help to maintain your web security and access geographically restricted content.
- Browse safely when connected to unsecured public Wi-Fi by creating your own private hotspot.
PLUS package comes with all standard and free features.
NEW – Premium STANDARD Only
- Prevent online threats through the safe browsing utility of Safe Web.
- Safe Web alerts you when browsing malicious websites, protects you from phishing or ARP Spoofing and helps to keep your personal data, photos and videos private.
STANDARD package comes with all free features.
System Security Scan
- McAfee’s Mobile Security threat scan will detect unsecured Wi-Fi hotspots, Wi-Fi attacks, and out of date Apple iOS.
Secure Wi-Fi Scan
- McAfee’s free Wi-Fi analyzer alerts you when connecting to unsecured Wi-Fi hotspots.
- Media Vault enables you to hide private photos in a locked photo vault behind a secure PIN.
- Helps protect personal photos and videos if your iPhone or iPad is stolen or lost.
- Open Media Vault quickly and safely with Touch ID or Face ID.
- Take photos/videos using the app and the entire photo session will be automatically encrypted.
- Find your lost device using a GPS tracker.
- Activate a remote alarm to locate your lost or stolen device. Initiate an alarm from your Apple Watch to locate your device.
- Improve the chances of locating your lost device by saving the location of your device when battery is low.
- Secure your private media if your device is stolen and use the app to catch the intruder.
- Receive an email with a photo of the intruder and your device's GPS location.
- Remotely wipe contacts and clean your device if your iPhone or iPad is lost or stolen.
- Backup contacts automatically through the McAfee Cloud and recover contacts from your lost or stolen device.
McAfee Mobile Security PREMIUM Info:
- 7-day free trial - no commitment; cancel anytime
- Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
- Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
- Length of subscription: monthly & yearly
- Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
- Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to Account Settings after purchase
- No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period
- Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription.
COPYRIGHT & TRADEMARK
McAfee, the McAfee logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of McAfee LLC or its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries. Copyright © 2018 McAfee LLC
Keep your privacy private and device protected.
Introducing the all new McAfee Mobile Security!
Wi-Fi Guard (VPN) Features:
• Wi-Fi Security: 256-bit bank-grade encryption to protect your online activities
• Online Privacy: Keep your IP address and online activities hidden
• Ad Tracker Blocking: Prevent ads from being generated in your downloaded apps
If you love the new experience, please leave us a review and rate us 5 stars! (5 Stars = Good)
Life is awesome. Together we make it better.
Ratings and Reviews
#Improvements to be made.
Hi. I bumped your rating up to 4 stars because you now include WiFi VPN in your mobile app. As for the 5th star I knocked off, that is because your VPN doesn’t seem to work with outlook mail from Microsoft. I get a connection issue reaching outlook mail servers and I have to disconnect the vpn services. Also it would be very nice to also use not only a VPN but a Proxy url as well that users could install in the settings app in the WiFi to block certain things as well as create a 1st line of defense against ads. I would also like to see you guys issue a certificate that would then be able to be a profile on the end user as well as have your safe web vpn be adjusted with a feature you had a few years back that allowed users to see and identify the bad websites in real time by the use of a green circled check mark or a red circled Do NoT Enter sign next to each link. I really liked that feature. It’s too bad that was taken away. I will bump back up to 5 stars if these are implemented. I would also like to see a way users could filter out websites based on topic or issue with the Adblock VPN or the SafeWeb VPN or a proxy or certificate for each subject people might want to block that would communicate with the VPN for safe web.
Developer Response ,
Hi, we appreciate your feedback. We’ll certainly share your comments with our development team. Some apps like Netflix, Hulu and Torrent don’t work over secure VPN connections. We would like to talk to you and clarify your concerns in detail. Please reach us at service.mcafee.com. We are happy to assist.
I really like the McAfee Security however, there are some very annoying issues:
1) when protecting more than one device
a) had to install several times on each device to get that device to show up in my list of protected devices. Also, the labels aren’t the same as the names I gave them
2) Account homepage still lists duplicate devices when you get a new subscription-still haven’t found a way to delete the devices from expired/previous subscriptions
Overall, the actual product is the best in my opinion. Although it takes a bit of finesse to get things organized so you really know your devices are protected using the exact same subscription and its parameters. McAfee needs to streamline this process and let people know to install the software on your Pc FIRST. Then from that Pc, send msgs to your other devices. This way all/everything is in the same place to be administered. If you do not do it this way, it’s all confusing and your list of protected devices won’t be right.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for taking the time to post a review. We are glad you like our product. You can remove the duplicate devices(phone&tablets) from McAfee my account page. We would like to talk about this in detail and address all your concerns. Please get in touch with us at service.mcafee.com. We are available 24/7.
McAfee App Sent Phishing Message
I received the following alert from the McAfee App, that my Wi-Fi was under threat & I should disconnect - “1 threat found. Scan complete. [(MY WI-FI NAME)] - Your personal info is at risk, Disconnect Now!” I was uncomfortable about this message using my Wi-Fi name in a pop up, so I called McAfee & they were unaware of why this message was sent. That Representative told me that it was a Phishing attempt & to disregard the ‘email’! She sent me to Technical Support, when I explained that this alert came from the App. Tech Support was also unaware of this message, but after speaking to someone, ran me through disconnecting & reconnecting my iPhone from the Wi-Fi. As I have not had Wi-Fi trouble, there was no reconnect issue. But then, the tech told me that my PASSWORD was weak (it is very strong) & that I should change it. This felt fishy to me. I tried to tell the McAfee Tech that they should check to make sure THEIR APP hadn’t been hacked. I did not feel that they understood.
I then called AppleCare to report this. AppleCare does not have an avenue to contact developers about such issues. I am hoping that McAfee will read this review and check their system. I am trying to be helpful here, and I see that someone actually responded to a previous concern.
Developer Response ,
Hi there, Thank you for your valuable feedback. We apologize for any inconvenience that you’ve faced and McAfee will address this at the earliest. Please write to us at Mobile_Support@mcafee.com with your contact details and a convenient time so that one of our representatives will contact you to have this issue addressed.
- McAfee, LLC.
- 85 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2017 McAfee, LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Monthly Plus Subscription $9.99
- Monthly Standard Subscription $2.99
- Yearly Plus Subscription $79.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.