The iPhone 12 update is still being worked on, but click your Profile > Advanced > DPI and for iPhone 12 & Pro use (460), for iPhone 12 Mini use (476).
Mobile VR Station is a media player designed for Virtual Reality with head tracking. With this app you can view your Photos, Panoramas, Videos & Files projected onto a virtual screen floating in space. Our app supports displaying standard 2D and 3D Side By Side/Over Under content. The app can't display DRM protected content, such as content bought from iTunes.
"The most feature-packed VR media player available, with editable profiles that let you adjust the viewing experience across multiple devices and VR adapters. Excellent all around!"
-Quote from Manuel M, Beta Tester
If you need help we provide links inside the app to view our Facebook, Twitter and YouTube channel.
- Works with every headset, very flexible configuration
- Watch movies in a virtual theater
- Watch 3D 180 Degree content.
- Explore 360/Spherical movies (Great for demos).
- Experience 3D content (Left/Right, Right/Left and Top/Bottom).
- See your device's photos & videos in a new way.
- View panoramas with some depth.
- Access external video content with UPNP.
- Watch HTML5 Video from Mobile Safari with Micro VR Station extension.
- Native App, written in Obj-C with SceneKit
- Watch App for Remote control capabalities
- This app is currently only available in English
- Free version limits video playback to the "first" five minutes.
- Supported formats: MOV, MP4 & M4V.
- Supported HMDs: None (Mono), None (SBS), Cardboard, Altergaze, Firefly, Custom, ....
- Cardboard QR scanner available for quick setup
- Supported Devices: Any device running iOS 8.1 can install the app, but iPhone 5S/iPad Mini (Retina) and above provide a great experience.
- Projections: Dome, Full Dome, Curved (Large curve), Plane (Flat), Cylinder & Spherical
- Skyboxes: 47 built in options.
- Profiles: Each user/headset can have their own specific configuration.
- Audio: Language switching available.
- Subtitles: The app can load UTF-8 formatted *.srt files, after a movie has been started
- Files: Each file has its own preview icon and meta data. You can either generate a icon or upload your own. Please see the FAQ on how to make your own icons.
- Bluetooth Remote: If your headset has Play/Pause & Next/Previous buttons, you can use them to control video playback.
- UPNP: Basic support for viewing & downloading video & image content. Music can play if you mess with a few settings.
- Other File Formats: We are researching how other formats and higher quality content could be displayed, we understand the need and want to deliver in the future.
-1080P @ 60 FPS is available on 5S+ and beyond. Devices under 5S should consume 720P.
- 4K @ 30FPS is available for 6S, 6S+, 5SE & iPad Pro
- Please see the guide book for more information
- If video playback starts to lockup, or a setting doesn't stick please turn your device off and on again.
- It's strongly recommended to go through Training at least once and check out the help videos if you have time.
- Every projection is editable, just dig into "Manage Presets" for the details.
- If you really need help, ask on our Facebook page, Twitter account, or reddit /r/iOSVR/
- MFI Controller/Bluetooth keyboard support (While in VR).
- When not using a HMD device buttons can be tapped.
- Tap anywhere in the right eye or empty space to recenter view.
- Tap 3 fingers on screen to quickly exit VR.
- Support for Occipital Bridge Controller
iOS 14 Fixes:
1. Changed the default motion tracker to the version that actually works with iOS 14! For people upgrading from iOS 13 a helpful button will be on the main screen to make updating easier.
2. Fixed the Send File to app logic.
1. You can now change the Subtitle Text & Background Color
2. Modified app notices to be more specific about allowing Media & Camera access.
3. Fixed an issue with the credits screen
4. Upgraded to latest UPNP/DLNA libraries
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Still some issues
VR files that I access through upon are badly focused whereas regular files are fine. If I play the badly focused files directly from my phone or from like google drive they are perfectly focused. Would be nice to be able to access files directly from pc on the same wifi network or from iCloud. Google drive is extremely slow to update. I also wanted to add that the icons that appear with the videos in upnp disappear after you run the video the first time. Displaying the video title all the time in either regular mode or in grid would make it easier to find clips in directories with lots of files. I thought I would add an update. I tried using Plex as my upnp instead of Playon and my focus issue went away. This also makes it easier to access files on my laptop also. So I guess I solved two of my issues lol.
Developer Response ,
Great to hear you solved your own issues. Now the issue with the grid is I didn't want to overload the screen with text, which is a costly to display and may tank the frame rate.
After going through about 5 different VR players, none of which could accomplish what I needed, this one is the absolute best of the best. Has an insane amount of customization options and the quality of the video playback is awesome. The only tiny issue I have is alignment problems. I do seem to have to tap the screen every few minutes or so to re-center it but I had this problem on every other VR player. The nice things about this one is I can tap anywhere on the screen and bam, realigned again. Just need a headset now with a button that taps the screen without taking out the headset. Either way, amazing job. Keep up the good work. Bought the ultimate version almost immediately.
Developer Response ,
You should try using the of the available Eye modes to keep the player centered, since drift has been a constant problem.
What I would pay to go back to vs 3.2!
Edit 3: Issue FIXED. Without a doubt the best VR player in IOS app store feature wise. Def worth the price. Highly recommend!
Edit 2: The developer stated they will look into this minor issue.
Edit: any way to get rid of the automatic playback pause if there is buffer? (Streaming).
Great app first of all. No question there. However, in trying to fix the buffer problem, it appears another problem was introduced. Now when you hit next to go to the next movie etc when streaming, the playback will often go back and forth between play and pause, and you actually have to hit play sometimes to proceed.
Sometimes if you scrub to a further location and there is the slightest buffer, playback switches to “paused”. This did not happen at all with 3.2. Gawd, wish I never upgraded. I stream from my own network drive so no major buffer issues so this play/pause is super annoying.
Developer Response ,
Let me know if you find anything else, have fun :)
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Michael Fuller
- 67.2 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2015-2019 Michael Glen Fuller JR
- In-App Purchases
- Ultimate Edition - Everything $5.99
- Premium Edition - Remove 5 Minute Limit $2.99
- Micro Player - Lift Safari Extension Limit $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.