Mobile VR Station® 4+
Virtual Reality Media Player
Designed for iPad
- Offers In-App Purchases
iPhone 14 Fixes
Mobile VR Station is a media player designed for Virtual Reality with head tracking. With this app you can view your Photos, Panoramas, Videos & Files projected onto a virtual screen floating in space. Our app supports displaying standard 2D and 3D Side By Side/Over Under content. The app can't display DRM protected content, such as content bought from iTunes.
"The most feature-packed VR media player available, with editable profiles that let you adjust the viewing experience across multiple devices and VR adapters. Excellent all around!"
-Quote from Manuel M, Beta Tester
If you need help we provide links inside the app to view our Facebook, Twitter and YouTube channel.
- Works with every headset, very flexible configuration
- Watch movies in a virtual theater
- Watch 3D 180 Degree content.
- Explore 360/Spherical movies (Great for demos).
- Experience 3D content (Left/Right, Right/Left and Top/Bottom).
- See your device's photos & videos in a new way.
- View panoramas with some depth.
- Access external video content with UPNP.
- Watch HTML5 Video from Mobile Safari with Micro VR Station extension.
- Native App, written in Obj-C with SceneKit
- Watch App for Remote control capabalities
- This app is currently only available in English
- Free version limits video playback to the "first" five minutes.
- Supported formats: MOV, MP4 & M4V.
- Supported HMDs: None (Mono), None (SBS), Cardboard, Altergaze, Firefly, Custom, ....
- Cardboard QR scanner available for quick setup
- Supported Devices: Any device running iOS 8.1 can install the app, but iPhone 5S/iPad Mini (Retina) and above provide a great experience.
- Projections: Dome, Full Dome, Curved (Large curve), Plane (Flat), Cylinder & Spherical
- Skyboxes: 47 built in options.
- Profiles: Each user/headset can have their own specific configuration.
- Audio: Language switching available.
- Subtitles: The app can load UTF-8 formatted *.srt files, after a movie has been started
- Files: Each file has its own preview icon and meta data. You can either generate a icon or upload your own. Please see the FAQ on how to make your own icons.
- Bluetooth Remote: If your headset has Play/Pause & Next/Previous buttons, you can use them to control video playback.
- UPNP: Basic support for viewing & downloading video & image content. Music can play if you mess with a few settings.
- Other File Formats: We are researching how other formats and higher quality content could be displayed, we understand the need and want to deliver in the future.
-1080P @ 60 FPS is available on 5S+ and beyond. Devices under 5S should consume 720P.
- 4K @ 30FPS is available for 6S, 6S+, 5SE & iPad Pro
- Support for SanDisk™ iXpand Drives
- Please see the guide book for more information
- If video playback starts to lockup, or a setting doesn't stick please turn your device off and on again.
- It's strongly recommended to go through Training at least once and check out the help videos if you have time.
- Every projection is editable, just dig into "Manage Presets" for the details.
- If you really need help, ask on our Facebook page, Twitter account, or reddit /r/iOSVR/
- MFI Controller/Bluetooth keyboard support (While in VR).
- When not using a HMD device buttons can be tapped.
- Tap anywhere in the right eye or empty space to recenter view.
- Tap 3 fingers on screen to quickly exit VR.
- Support for Occipital Bridge Controller
1. Added screen dimensions for iPhone 14
2. Added a new button to adjust the motion rate
Ratings and Reviews
After going through about 5 different VR players, none of which could accomplish what I needed, this one is the absolute best of the best. Has an insane amount of customization options and the quality of the video playback is awesome. The only tiny issue I have is alignment problems. I do seem to have to tap the screen every few minutes or so to re-center it but I had this problem on every other VR player. The nice things about this one is I can tap anywhere on the screen and bam, realigned again. Just need a headset now with a button that taps the screen without taking out the headset. Either way, amazing job. Keep up the good work. Bought the ultimate version almost immediately.
Developer Response ,
You should try using the of the available Eye modes to keep the player centered, since drift has been a constant problem.
What I would pay to go back to vs 3.2!
Edit 3: Issue FIXED. Without a doubt the best VR player in IOS app store feature wise. Def worth the price. Highly recommend!
Edit 2: The developer stated they will look into this minor issue.
Edit: any way to get rid of the automatic playback pause if there is buffer? (Streaming).
Great app first of all. No question there. However, in trying to fix the buffer problem, it appears another problem was introduced. Now when you hit next to go to the next movie etc when streaming, the playback will often go back and forth between play and pause, and you actually have to hit play sometimes to proceed.
Sometimes if you scrub to a further location and there is the slightest buffer, playback switches to “paused”. This did not happen at all with 3.2. Gawd, wish I never upgraded. I stream from my own network drive so no major buffer issues so this play/pause is super annoying.
Developer Response ,
Let me know if you find anything else, have fun :)
Move tool bugged since latest update
since latest update the move menu doesn’t move the video where i’m looking anymore. It is always showing the video behind me by default.. if i turn 180degrees and use the move tool it NEVER stays..it always jumps back to 180 behind me.. usually i have to gradually work my way to 180..i move head 90 degrees and use the move tool and hope it sticks which it usually doesnt but if it does then i can move head another 90 degrees to were its where I want to be looking and sometimes takes 5 tries before i can get it to stick to where I’m looking.........major bug. please fix...before this update i never had issue with the move tool.....UPDATE: looks like for move tool to work you have to make sure you look at lower part of the screen, if you look higher it wont recognize it
Needs h.265 support
Developer Response ,
After you scan your QR code go through all the steps and eventually a little flag shows up. Tap that flag to finish. You can toggle the void background under settings. H.265 isn't available through the built-in iOS media player at this time, when it has access, we should have access.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Michael Fuller
- 85.2 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Game Controller
- Age Rating
- © 2015-2022 Michael Glen Fuller JR
- In-App Purchases
- Ultimate Edition - Everything $5.99
- Premium Edition - Remove 5 Minute Limit $2.99
- Micro Player - Lift Safari Extension Limit $1.99
- Protected Drives $1.99
- Presentation+ $1.99
Play this game with your favorite compatible controller.