MobileFamilyTree 10 4+
Synium Software GmbH
For a limited time only – 50% launch discount!
Discover your family history! Genealogy gets a facelift with MobileFamilyTree 10: modern, interactive, convenient, and fast. Explore your family tree and your family history in a way that would have amazed generations of chroniclers before you. Create visually impressive charts, evaluations, reports, and books, navigate through the Interactive Family Tree or Virtual Tree 3D view and experience genealogy in a whole new way.
• Designed specifically for iPhone and iPad
• Clear and easy-to-use interface
• Show your family tree: charts, reports, views, and lists
• CloudTree Sync&Share: real-time sync and collaboration
• GEDCOM import and export: exchange information with other applications
• Use MacFamilyTree 10 to continue your research and sync on your Mac (sold separately)
RESEARCH AND PUBLISH
• FamilySearch: Billions of genealogical entries
• Export charts and reports in a wide range of formats
• Easy sharing of charts/reports
• Print via AirPrint
WIDE RANGE OF REPORTS AND LISTS
• Person, family, and kinship reports
• Narrative report
• Places list, events list, anniversary list
• Particularities report
• Map report
• Person analysis
• Lists of persons
• Marriage lists
• Plausibility report
• Sources list
• Descendancy report
WIDE RANGE OF CHARTS AND VIEWS
• Hourglass chart
• Double Ahnentafel
• Statistic maps
• 3D Virtual Globe
• Name distribution chart
• Fan chart
• Relationship chart
• Genogram chart
HIGHEST LEVEL OF DATA PRIVACY
• Your data will be stored locally ...
• ... or encrypted and stored on iCloud
• Persons and entries can be hidden from export
The Top New Features in MobileFamilyTree 10
1) Completely New Editing Section
Fully customizable, with a much neater layout, easier data entry, faster navigation, and an alternative editing or viewing mode – this is just a smattering of the many new features we’ve implemented.
2) New: Virtual Tree With AR Mode to Walk Through Your Tree
Our completely redesigned Virtual Tree allows you to view all persons and their connected persons at a glance. You’ll absolutely love the all-new AR mode, which allows you to literally take a walk through your family tree. Experience your family history in a futuristic new way by placing it on a table in front of you or even in the entire room.
3) New: Source Management
The new Source Management is a vastly enhanced feature that helps you store important information and supporting documents for your entries. Get a perfect overview of your information by using customizable source citations and our predefined templates, or by creating your own custom templates.
4) Improved: User Interface
Our improved interface aims to offer superior user experience by providing an even better overview and faster navigation– with a fresh and modern look, lightning-fast display and unsurpassed user-friendliness.
5) New: Virtual Globe now Available on iOS/iPadOS for the First Time
Your family history around the globe. We’ve revamped our Virtual Globe for a better look and improved functionality. You can optionally display images of places, or events that occurred during specific time periods.
6) New: Person Groups
Create as many groups as you like (e.g. all persons from Berlin, everyone from the Miller family line, all relatives you know in person) to highlight them by color across all display formats.
7) Improved: Interactive Tree
Refreshed look and color scheme, greatly improved overall performance, much cleaner presentation of generations and connections.
8) Improved Performance
Nearly everything is much faster: navigation, editing, creating reports, charts, and 3D displays. Synchronization via CloudTree is also dramatically accelerated.
9)… and so much more!
The new version features improved charts/reports including new styles and options, a copy & paste feature for person and family events, GEDCOM 7, a new startup window, and many more exciting features!
Interactive Tree – greatly enhanced
- The Interactive Tree now supports four different orientations (top to bottom, left to right, etc.)
- Plethora of new configuration options like different colors, shadows and margins added. The new Interactive Tree is more configurable than ever in order to suite your needs
- In addition to birthdates, the new Interactive Tree can display the generation number on Generation Bands
- Lines, Generation Bands or the background can be configured with custom colors
- Integration of data from FamilySearch has been vastly improved and now displays complex relationships much better
- Much improved and easier to understand settings
- Separate branches can now be shown with larger margins to improve clarity
- The entire alignment of the Interactive Tree has been vastly improved
- Better alignment of connections between parents and children
Completely new: Flat Interactive Tree
- In addition to the 3D Interactive Tree, a completely new, flat Interactive Tree is now available offering a more traditional visual style
- Seamlessly switch between the 3D and the flat Interactive Tree – the root person and the selected person are preserved when switching
- Completely configurable: Every aspect, like colors, margins, generation bands and so on, can be adapted to your liking
- The flat Interactive Tree optionally displays all person events for a person
Vastly improved: 3D Interactive Tree
- Many new options for Generation Bands added: New pedestal and stair modes added, as well as many new coloring options
- When using pedestal or stair Generation Bands, non-blood relationships may optionally be displayed at a lower height
- Different patterns and colors added for the ground below the 3D Interactive Tree
- Greatly enhanced performance – especially on older hardware, the number of frames per seconds is much higher than previously
Interactive Tree on iPhone/iPad
- When using the Interactive Tree on an iPad, the edit mode is displayed on the right side. This way, you can enter data for persons and families without having to leave the Interactive Tree section
- Improved menus when adding relatives or selecting persons
- Want to show your family tree to others? The new full screen mode hides the whole user interface and just shows the Interactive Tree – ideal to present your research
- Faces in your pictures are now be automatically detected using Machine Learning. This automatically happens in the background
- This happens locally on your device – your pictures won't be sent anywhere
- When browsing charts, reports or while editing your data, pictures with detected faces will optionally be cropped accordingly
- You can deactivate the automatic face detection in the preferences
- The web interface to CloudTree is now better integrated into the app
- Using the edit mode, you can now copy or open direct links to CloudTreeWeb – this way, you can send your relatives direct links to persons, families or sources on CloudTreeWeb in order to add valuable information
- A guide has been added on how to work together with friends & family who do not use Apple devices
- Greatly enhanced performance throughout the app
- Choose if MobileFamilyTree should be displayed in dark or light mode – independently of your setting in iOS or iPadOS
- The maximum recursion depth may be specified when displaying charts
- Many setting dialogs have been reworked and enhanced for better clarity
Ratings and Reviews
This brilliant app simplified the process of building my family tree. I had tried something else in the past and it was just too cumbersome in a process that is already cumbersome by inception. This app revolutionized the experience for me, making it visually richer and data entry much simpler. The various platforms it’s available in allow me to continuously add information into my tree wherever I am. The amount of information available to enter is gigantic and the way it all connects is seamless. The resources that support the app are also powerful but above all, this is an app with so far no bugs and kinks to work out; it runs smoothly and never lets you down.
One of the best pieces of software available for geneaology research
I use a variety of web services, including Ancestry, for research purposes but I love being able to organize information and build trees in a standalone app that is not entirely dependent on a web service; for example, with Ancestry and the like, if those services go down or suffer a data breach or some other issue unique to web services, that's a problem, so if you value having full control over your data, this app is a great choice. The only thing I feel to be lacking, that I hoped might be added with this new revision of the software, is a dark mode.
'Jumpy' Note Additions
I notice with version 10.0.7 every time I try to add to a note of any individual the cursor jumps to the start (beginning) of the note at the top. A second attempt to place the cursor sends the page to the bottom (end) of the note! If you have a long biography to fill in or add to, that can become awfully disconcerting. The 3rd touch to place the cursor, it settles down where you need it. This bug happens whether you use your finger, an Apple Pencil, or a blu-tooth mouse click. I hope this will be fixed soon!
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Synium Software GmbH
- 185.1 MB
- Requires iOS 14.1 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.1 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.1 or later.
English, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish
- Age Rating
- © Synium Software 2023
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.