MobileTracer turns Your iPhone or iPad into a positional sensor. The application is designed for the uncontrolled air traffic use (mainly VFR traffic).
It is intended for on board use (an aircraft, airport vehicle, human, etc.) where it can be used alone as a positional data logger or in conjunction with the surveillance system PublicRadar as a "radar transponder".
MobileTracer periodically determines current position using GPS, stores it in KML file for offline use and sends it to the PublicRadar surveillance server through mobile data network. Information from PublicRadar server can be viewed on-line on the Radar View display available on http://www.publicradar.cz/
The application is primarily intended for the airfield and close surroundings (ATZ) use, but the practical range is limited only by the mobile network signal availability (typically up to 3 000ft AGL and 200 MPH GS). Typical users of the PublicRadar systems will be
- Airport operators,
- Flight Information and Emergency Service
- Flight Schools,
- Small air operators,
- Service and maintenance organizations,
- Aircraft owners,
- Search and Rescue
- Please note that PublicRadar and MobileTracer are not an officially approved aid for the flight preparation and air navigation. A guarantee for the correctness and completeness of data cannot be given. We are not responsible for any use of this application. Please check the data displayed always with official maps of aviation and always have visual contact with other aircraft.
- Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
This app has been updated by Apple to use the latest Apple signing certificate.
- Export of the track is supported in the form of a KML document. This document can be open in Google Earth application.
- A registration key can be provided.
- The coordinate (latitude and longitude) is displayed with higher precision.
- The Network Status and the GPS status are improved.
- A tutorial is added.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.