Mobile Remote Station For MOBOTIX IP Video Door Stations And IP Cameras
Owners of MOBOTIX IP Video Door Stations and MOBOTIX IP Cameras can now use this app on their iPad, iPad mini, iPad Pro, iPhone or iPod touch. The user interface of the App automatically adjusts to the screen size of the terminal device. The network connection is established via WiFi in a building or via 3G/4G while on the road - safely encrypted without the need for any other special devices.
Even if you don't have a MOBOTIX device yet (e.g., Door Station, camera), you can test the app using demo videos!
The app uses MOBOTIX's unique video system, which offers many advantages in addition to supplying a 180-degree image of the entire scene in front of the door (Hemispheric technology). What happened today while I was gone? Who rang the doorbell, and when? When and where did the video motion detection of my camera trigger? The app provides easy access to the event recordings of all connected cameras.
The app informs you automatically when someone rings the doorbell. You can open the door for the family, even though you're still stuck in traffic. Delivery men can use the intercom to ask you if they can leave their parcels with the neighbors. And if you're sitting in the backyard, just take your iPhone or iPad.
Much more Flexibility
Besides people ringing the doorbell, the app also informs you of other alarm signals (e.g., from the integrated video motion detection of a MOBOTIX camera).
• Worldwide connection via WiFi or via internet
• Automatic search of cameras in the local network
• Camera integration outside the local network via DynDNS
• Video presentation (Live/Player): can be optimized to the available bandwidth
• Video with two-way audio using camera microphone and speaker
• Signaling of the doorbell and other events
• Opening doors and switching lights
• Panning, tilting and zooming of the camera (virtual PTZ)
• Do not disturb function: switching off bell completely
• Privacy mode: temporary disabling camera functions (e.g., recording, live image)
• Image settings (brightness, color, contrast)
• T24/25 mailbox settings (bell profile, announcement, recording)
• Event counter and preview (e.g., missed doorbell ring, mailbox messages, alarms)
• Quick overview of all cameras and all recorded events
• Grouping of cameras and recordings
• Playing back all recorded messages and events
• Jog shuttle playback (forward and reverse), time lapse function
• Snapshot export into photo album
• Backup and restore app configurations
• Integrated help function for easy operation
Connections in wireless networks (WiFi, 3G/4G) will not have the same quality everywhere and may even fail completely. Therefore it is not guaranteed that all events such as ringing will be transmitted in time. A er connection failure the MOBOTIX App tries to re-establish the connection automatically. However, with newer versions of the iOS operating system, the activities of apps have generally been restricted in the so-called background mode so that a signal notification cannot be guaranteed even under ideal network conditions. Therefore, MOBOTIX AG recommends in general the use of a wired counter station such as the MxDisplay +. Please refer to the MOBOTIX website for more information about this app. Please note that for older MOBOTIX IP cameras (Q22/D22/M22/D12/M12) only live image display with limited intercom (one way audio, push to talk) is supported.
• iPad/iPad mini/iPhone/iPod touch with iOS 6.0 or later
• MOBOTIX IP Video Door Station with firmware version 18.104.22.168 or later
• MOBOTIX IP Camera with firmware version 22.214.171.124 or later
This app has been updated by Apple to display the Apple Watch app icon.
- Audible notifications for alarms and rings are operable again if app is running in foreground.
- System sounds are no longer available for audible notifications.
- New sounds for audible notifications.
Ratings and Reviews
Hard to understand
I have been installing the mobotix cams now for the past few years. The system is Rock solid however it has a steep learning curve. This app is the same way. It is not easy to use and i need to provide a instruction manual to my customers. Most of my customers have complained that it is too difficult and unlike the iPad or iPhone it is hard to navigate and figure out the basics. I have to agree with my customers and say it is very difficult to understand.
Abominable piece of software
I love Mobotix cameras. They have had Ring-like internal intelligence features for at least 10 years, and far exceeded anything out there in terms of versatility and adaptability to about any surveillance need. Their vision for intelligent cameras was far ahead of their time, and they packed a truly amazing hardware platform in one of the most well engineered piece of mechanical packaging i have ever seen. So: why a one-star review? Because i would offer 0 stars, if i could, for the most continually abysmal piece if software ever conceived my man. The Mobotix mobile app is the absolute worst piece if garbage possible. Hopelessly non-intuitive, useless icons, the worst navigation imaginable, and a user experience that makes you want to toss your smartphone through a closed window before you have figured out how to finish Setup. Just avoid the hassle entirely and use ANYTHING else, unless you just like to beat your head on the wall. Even the free version if Qcam is far, far, far, far, far, far better than this toad. Sorry, Mobotix, your user community has told you for years that everything you released after MxCC is just awful. BTW, I have eleven of your cameras and all work wonderfully with my Homeseer home automation app ( with absolutely zero help from your software). So thanks anyway for making great cameras.
Frustrating, needlessly complex - Par for the Mobotix course
As a dealer and CCTV installer I’ve suffered through Mobotix for years. Their hardware designs were unique at the time but their software has always been a convoluted mess.
Everything is needlessly complex with no sane defaults. I hope you enjoy reading extensive documentation because Mobotix excels at it. For example: This app has a 37 page “Compact Guide” to get you started. There are sliders and buttons and drop down menus everywhere - I don’t know if it’s a German engineering thing but it seems like they just can’t get out of their own way and design a usable interface.
It took years before they finally released an app and this is what they gave us. This app perfectly encompasses all that I’ve grown to loathe about the Mobotix platform. I despise using this app and dread showing it to a client.
The developer, MOBOTIX AG, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- MOBOTIX AG
- 49.9 MB
- Requires iOS 6.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 6.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 6.0 or later.
English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Turkish
- Age Rating
- © 2017 MOBOTIX AG
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.