• A must-have guitar app for all students and fans of legendary modern rock players such as Eddie Van Halen, Randy Rhoads, Steve Vai, Joe Satriani, Yngwie Malmsteen, Vinnie Moore, Tony Macalpine, Jason Becker, John Petrucci and Paul Gilbert
• Course written by Martin Goulding, one of the UK’s foremost educators, senior tutor and specialist in modern rock studies at the Guitar Institute in London, and columnist for Guitar Techniques and Guitar World magazines
• A structured course for developing the modern rock lead guitar style.
• Dedicated sections covering the legato, two-handed tapping, alternate picking and sweeping techniques
• Unique accelerated learning approach, where advanced concepts are approached by building key underlying skills
• Over 50 progressive exercise routines for building strength, stamina, timing and accuracy, presented interactively with synced notation, tablature with unique fretboard display, along with high quality audio
• 20 licks presented in high quality video with synced notation, tablature and backing tracks
• Over 25,000 words of tuition, covering technique-building tips, a section on how to practice, building vocabulary for improvisation, and all supporting theory – including intervals, major and minor harmonised scales and modes
• Fully interactive interface with all the practice tools you need, including a metronome, timer, looper, tablature and video player
• Unique interactive scale and arpeggio generators which present all scales, modes, triads and arpeggios in a visual and accessible way
• Create your own custom practice routines from your favourite exercises and licks
Leafcutter Studios has teamed up with top UK guitar instructor, senior tutor at the Guitar Institute in London, and columnist for both Guitar Techniques and Guitar World magazines, Martin Goulding, to bring you Modern Rock Guitar, one of the most detailed and comprehensive courses for the development of the modern rock lead guitar style.
This course is aimed at intermediate to advanced students and players who are looking to develop their technical skills and knowledge within the modern rock style, as well as build improvisational vocabulary in a structured and progressive way.
Featuring over 50 exercise routines, 20 high quality video demonstrations and over 25,000 words of detailed explanations, this app covers the legato, two-handed tapping, alternate picking and sweeping techniques - an essential resource for all students and fans of legendary modern rock players such as Eddie Van Halen, Randy Rhoads, Steve Vai, Joe Satriani, Yngwie Malmsteen, Vinnie Moore, Tony Macalpine, Jason Becker, John Petrucci and Paul Gilbert.
Unlock your potential with one of the most detailed and complete lead guitar course apps out there. Modern Rock Guitar has been designed around a unique, visually accessible and user-friendly interface.
With a host of features, including synced notation and tablature, with looping and speed control, innovative scale and arpeggio generators, theory sections along with full guidance on efficient practice strategies, you will find a range of interactive buttons allowing you easy access to all of the on-screen options.
There is also a dedicated practice mode with all the tools you need to develop your skills, including a metronome, timer and mute functions for playing along with the tab player or click track.
By pressing the star button above each exercise and lick, you can start saving your favourites to the My Practice page, and build your own custom routines based around your goals and available practice time.
An app perfect for those with busy schedules who are looking for a complete and efficient practice solution for developing modern rock techniques.
Take your playing to the next level with Modern Rock Guitar - the most comprehensive lead guitar course out there.
Thanks to everyone for your feedback and ideas for the app. This update:
- fixes a bug that stops audio playing when you complete an exercise
- allows you to save your practice history
- directs you to the correct page on iTunes when you want to review the app
Let us know what you think on firstname.lastname@example.org
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Modern Rock Guitar with Martin Goulding
This product provides a fantastic insight into the playing techniques developed by today's modern rock guitarists. Anyone familiar with Martin's teachings in the major guitar mags will discover the same quality of presentation in this app. He provides comprehensive instruction on exactly how to practice the materials. The Lesson section gives you the opportunity to practice the exercises at an extremely slow tempo and then increase as your ability allows. My favorite thing about this app is the Licks section where you see Martin playing the lick at 2 different tempos; 100% speed with the backing track and 50& speed with the metronome. Also you can play along with the provided backing track. The Theory section provides major scale construction and modal formulas. The Scale generator section is quite awesome; notes,intervals and fingering is available and a well thought out graphic of each section of the neck for each of the modes. Also provided is the same layout for CAGED positions. The Lessons cover Legato, Tapping, Picking, and Sweeping.
Food for thought in the next update: scroll bars, mouse wheel support, and full screen option; improve tab viewing. Maybe view option to hide the fretboard to free up screen space. A few slower tempo options for the backing tracks would be helpful as you are learning.
Overall a brillant application that provides a fun way to practice and learn Modern Rock Guitar!
No longer works
Man, was this a waste. This app needs updating to work with the latest version of OSX. Windows can’t be resized and you can’t scroll. So you get to see half the lesson and the rest is hidden. I’m surprised it’s still offered for sale. Looks like you can get the same lessons for free on the instructor’s website.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.