Get new perspectives on modern masterworks and discover contemporary art as curators, artists, and others talk about art in MoMA's unparalleled collection and special exhibitions. Audio for kids encourages younger audiences to look, listen, and learn, and detailed visual descriptions of key works enhance the experience for our blind and partially sighted visitors.
- A streamlined, optimized audio listening experience
- Language support for the top 10 visitor languages: English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, simplified and traditional Chinese, Japanese, Korean, and Portuguese
- Built to accommodate iOS Accessibility features
- Opt in to notifications so you'll never miss new audio
MoMA Audio is made possible through the support of Bloomberg Philanthropies.
Fix for audio defaulting to receiver instead of speaker.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
brilliant idea, almost there
moma is a building filled with great ideas, and this app is another one. the ability to get audio on any exhibit, using your own headphones, is a perfect convergence of technology and art. a few things would push this app over the top (i hope they read these reviews, as there's no obvious place on the site for pal feedback):
1. better execution: there were a few sections of the audio tour that didn't play when we saw the cindy sherman exhibit, and chapter 605 was out of order so we missed it.
2. would be great if images of the artwork could come onscreen when the narrator is speaking about them. there are dozens of paintings in each room, and a thumbnail image would help you quickly find the specific work within the gallery.
3. bonus suggestion: add a welcome screen to the app, and post a notice at the audio desk in the museum, that reminds people to CONNECT WITH MOMA WI-FI while going through the galleries. the app requires a solid network connection to work well and many of the galleries don't get strong cell signals.
definitely a good app, worth downloading. moma is amazing.
Does what it says!
I want to look at the artwork and listen to the audio and it does that beautifully. 🏆
Beautiful design, easy to navigate.
Great improvement to the audio tours!
- Museum of Modern Art
- 33.2 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Chinese, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- © 2017 The Museum of Modern Art
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.