Represent various money amounts using these realistic images of Canadian coins and bills.
Create visual representations that help explore mathematical thinking related to:
• Estimating and counting the value of a collection of money
• Skip counting using the value of one of the coins or bills
• Representing the relationship between coins and bills. (e.g., There are 8 quarters in a toonie)
• Adding and subtracting money amounts by making simulated purchases and providing change
• Exploring place value and unit conversions
• Multiplicative thinking
• Anchors of 2, 5 and 10
• Customize the allowable set of currencies
• Resize currency images for easier manipulation
• Show labels indicating the value of each currency
• Set the units of these labels to indicate dollars or cents
• Set the number of copies to drag from the cash drawer
• Step through a history of your work with the undo/redo buttons
• Check to see how many of each type of currency are in the workspace
• Multiple select items in the workspace, then copy, move or recycle as a group
• Communicate your thinking or highlight various features of your representation using the built in annotation tool.
• Import multiple images, position and resize them
• Switch between English and French
- improved undo/redo of image steps
- updated support docs
- bug fixes
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
- Ontario Association for Mathematics Education
- 38.3 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2018 Ontario Association for Mathematics Education
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.