Capture screenshots, share files, record video and .gifs!
• Capture full screen, just part of the screen, or a selected window
• Make your crop area pixel perfect with our 8x magnifier
• Customize hotkeys
• Make delayed screenshots
• Record screencasts
• Highlight details during recording a video
Annotate and Edit:
• Highlight important details with pen, text, arrows, and shapes
• Blur private information
• Open snapshots in your favorite external editor
Save and share:
• Log in to get free cloud storage space
• Connect Monosnap to Evernote, Dropbox, CloudApp, Yandex.Disk, Box.com and Google Drive
• FTP, sFTP, WebDAV, Amazon S3 & iCloud support
• Upload files and images by dropping them to the status bar icon
• Drag & Drop files directly from the editor
• Share your screenshots or videos in one click
• Upload your videos to YouTube or Monosnap
Join our community:
- Bug fixes and improvements
- Updated logic for paid services
- External services moved into in-app pack
Ratings and Reviews
Finally! A screen capture app that works!
For creating a game trailer, I needed 60 fps video capture with system audio at high quality. I have been searching and testing other Mac capture utilities, and finally settled on Monosnap. It did *exactly* what I needed it to. Nothing else I’ve tried so far met all of those seemingly simple criteria. Either they were limited to 30 fps, or couldn’t capture system audio (despite claims to the contrary), or the resulting video quality was unacceptable (and generally not user-configurable). And Monosnap is free! I would happily pay for this. You do have to do a little extra work to capture system audio (just read the FAQ on Monosnap’s homepage, and follow their very well-written directions), but it does work. For a simple and functional capture application this is the way to go. Editing the resulting files in Premiere Pro works just fine. This is now my go-to capture application. Very highly recommended!
Two suggestions for improving it:
1) Add the corner magnifiers to the video capture tool
2) Allow the user to choose their own destination folder for recordings
Thank you for this! Nicely done!
Whoa and it’s free!
On my work computer I use Snag-It and I love that i can take quick screen shots or screen recordings and edit right there in the app/program. When I got my personal laptop I wanted to add it because I can’t remeber the Mac shortcut for a screen shot. Do my dismay, the app is $50. I did a search for screen shot apps and this one had the most positi reviews. I was sceptical since it was free but omg I am in love! it is so easy t use, and I especially love that I can have it permanently on my top bar to quickly take screen shots/recordings (couldn’t do that with Snag-It!). I love I can still edit right after the screen shot and saving is a breeze. Great ap! It deserves the high rating it is getting! The only updates I would love to see is Smart art added so I can add arrows or text bubbles to my screen shots, and if all my screen shots that I have taken would show up on a smaller window/bar below the main one so if I wanted to copy and past something from one screen shot and add it to th one I am editing, I can do it quickly. This was a feature of Snag-It I used often. But otherwise this is great!
After being annoyed by Skitch one time too many I went out looking for an alternative. There are some decent ones out there - Annotate (formerly GLUI) is all right (ugly arrows though) and Beem (feels a little too early-days for them right now) and Napkin (looks nice but didn’t try it - $40 = yikes and so it’s probably overkill for what I need)... and then I found Monosnap, and am very happy. Well-made and I quickly paid the $5 add-on fee to get me the ability to Sync to Dropbox (and several other services.)
I haven’t tried any of the video-capture stuff but for my basic screenshot needs it’s been working fine.
Only thing I miss from Skitch is their ‘Timed Crosshair Snapshot’ feature - Sometimes I need to grab a section of the screen that only appears when (for example) I’m holding down the mousebutton. So hopefully the MonoSnap guys can add this soon!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.