Research has shown that sitting for too long will negatively impact your general health and is a major lifestyle issue. In fact, research actually shows that exercise in leisure time does not necessarily make up for the negative consequences of sedentary behavior during the day.
Use the Monotony app to take “workplace-friendly” mini breaks with short, and fun, quick activities. Designed to be done anywhere without equipment, these activities will help you move during the workday.
Start the app when you are about to sit, choose how many hours you will be desk-bound, and the app will automatically plan and present activities within that time. You can change the activity interval, and much more, from within the app in Settings.
“Yes, sitting too long can kill you, even if you exercise.” - CNN
“Physical activity is about finding opportunities to add movement throughout the day as part of a bigger commitment to healthy living.” – Adm. Brett Giroir, Assistant Secretary for Health at the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
* This app is FREE. Just sign up (or use as a Guest) and you’re good to go
* Designed to be simple to use. If, however, you have any questions just ask! Use the Feedback option within the app.
* Start the app when about to sit for a long time and plan activities
* Mini-activities, such as “Mini Walk” or “Walk Up Some Stairs” will be suggested when it is time to take a break
* Do the suggested activity or just swipe to chose another
* Use the countdown timer while doing an activity to stay within the activity’s duration
* “Like” the activities you prefer to do more often and the app will choose those activities first
* Plan breaks every 60, 45, 30 or 15 minutes. Change this interval in Settings
* Receive a notification on your phone when an activity becomes due (requires Notification permission)
* Change notification sounds and settings
* See a summary of how well you are sticking to the “plan” versus the public
* App supports 10 activities now, more “expert” activities are on the way!
We are determined to help all of us stay healthy and will keep on updating the app to make it better. This version includes the following updates:
1. A reminder to take breaks if no activities have been scheduled for more than a week
2. Continued enhancements to the user interface
3. Bug fixes
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
My dad made this app. I really like it and I personally use it during COVID-19 online classes. My dad’s passion to craft this app on his own is just amazing. It is simple, easy to use, and beautifully functional. I couldn’t be prouder of my dad for making this application. Please share this app with friends and family to get them moving a little bit more!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.