Please read the section "Important Notes" before purchasing or using this app. Returns or credit cannot be granted after purchase.
• The World of Monster Hunter Stories
In a world where large monsters roam, and people everywhere make a living hunting, there's a remote village of people who follow a different set of customs. They are the Monster Riders, a people who don't hunt but instead form bonds with monsters.
The monsters that form kinships with Riders, known as "Monsties," possess incredible powers. By becoming a Rider, you too can befriend countless Monsties, riding them as you explore a vast, exciting world. Join the adventure and "Ride On!"
• Game Features
- Recruit countless Monsties!
Monsties, and the bonds you form with them, are the backbone of your adventure. Explore vast environments and dungeons to find monster dens, and bring back the eggs you find to hatch new Monsties!
- Fight with your Monsties in Network Battles!
Take your hero and the Monsties you've raised into battles with other Riders! Build a team of your favorites to challenge other players.
- New features for the smartphone version!
New improvements include beautiful high-resolution graphics, improved user interface, and a new auto-save feature!
The story begins in a forest near the village of Riders. Three young friends—the hero, Lilia, and Cheval—stumble upon a shining egg.
The trio perform a playful imitation of the Rite of Kinship, only to be shocked when it actually succeeds!
The egg hatches, revealing a baby Rathalos, a flying wyvern also known as "the King of the Skies." The trio affectionately name him "Ratha," and take him back to the village.
A year passes...
The hero receives a Kinship Stone from the Village Chief and officially becomes a Rider. Cheval and Lilia both leave the village, each on their own path. The hero, though separated now from childhood friends, partners up with the cheerful Navirou, and embarks upon a new adventure into the world of hunters.
• Compatible Devices (Models / Supported OS)
Please visit the official website for details.
• How to Access the Website
Tap “Developer Website” on this page or access the following link:
Note: We cannot guarantee the app’s performance or offer refunds if you use a device not listed as compatible.
• Notes on Multiplayer
- Multiplayer (Network Battles, etc.) is available only after a certain amount of game progress.
- Network Battles are only available against other players of the paid iOS version of this app.
- Network Battles are not available against players of the Japanese version of this app.
- Play in an area with a good connection to ensure the best online experience.
- You must sign in to Game Center to use multiplayer features.
• Additional Notes
- To use this app, you must agree to the "Monster Hunter Stories End User License Agreement" (link below) when booting the app for the first time.
- This app features the same story as the handheld console version.
- Several handheld console features, such as certain collaboration contents, amiibo features, local Network Battles, and StreetPass, are NOT available in this version.
- Deleting this app will also erase any stored save data.
- We recommend that you connect to a Wi-Fi network before downloading.
- Battle Party QR codes from the Japanese version will not work in this version.
Precautions When Updating
• To update the app, you will need approximately 3 GB to 7 GB of free space on your device.
Please make sure to create a backup of your saved data when updating.
If the app fails to update, you may be unable to use your saved data.
• Playing multiplayer with others who are using a different version of the app may result in network difficulties.
Please update to the latest version of the app to ensure you have the best multiplayer experience.
• After updating the app, you cannot revert to the previous version.
• Please keep in mind that because of the large size of this update, it will take time to download.
• Ver.1.0.03 Update Contents
- Now compatible with all screen sizes up to iPhone 12
- Improved stability
- Bug fixes
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Perfect cross between Monster Hunter and Pokémon
I’ve played Minster Hunter for the last 4 titles and I’m a huge fan of both the gameplay and graphics. This game is however unique in the way that you can basically catch (hatch) monsters and use them to battle Pokémon style. It is a perfect blend on Monster Hunter and Pokémon. I absolutely love it.
The only bug with the game that I’ve experienced is that the game crashes when you get a call so if your playing on your phone, be sure to save every chance that you get. Lucky for me I’m a loser and nobody likes me so I don’t get calls often but I’ve gotten them in between huge battles or after finding a perfect egg and I lose my progress.
Other than that bug, I’d say this is an easy 5/5 stars!
Fantastic Mobile Experience
I love this game. I spent at least 200 hours on the 3ds and approaching close to 50 on this version and have just now moved on to post game content. This game is huge, there’s tons to do. In terms of a mobile game especially you’ll never find anything quite so fair and long term on the AppStore as this. The price is high but don’t forget there’s a free demo to play and the game itself never has to be online. My only issue really is that we don’t have the 1.2 or 1.3 updates from Japan that add so much more content than what we have now, and considering this is already at least a 20 hour game that’s saying something about just how much more this game can be. If we get those updates I’ll gladly up the rating to 5 stars. I also haven’t tried online yet but I may drop my rating if the PvP isn’t working properly since I often build my monsters for that purpose alone. I’d say more but it’s hard to say anything else that hasn’t been said before in other reviews.
Not part of the review, just a tip addressing one of the issues people seem to be having with saving- you HAVE to save the game from a Catavan stand or from the bed in your character’s bedroom. It’s a mild inconvenience yes, but I suppose that’s the price of this having been a 3DS game first. You can also load autosaves and the game conveniently does that every time you enter a new loading zone or access a stand. These 2 save styles are separate so you can still do egg farming like on the 3DS.
MH stories is awesome
I love this game, its a good game that makes you feel like your on an Nintendo. I always try to find games like this and I live that this game has i want! You don't need Internet to play this game and makes you feel like... You can really do anything in the game! I MEAN COME ON!!!! You can ride monsters and be there friend who doesn't want that!! The only reason I would not rate this 5 stars is because the category is only adventure but I WANT ROMANCE! I Locke these types of games the most but if they put romance in the game it would be 10x better. And in Japan they already have the 1.2 and 1.3 update and we don't have that yet! They have better graphics and more stories to go on!! I want that bro!! I love this game and ive played it more that 200 hours already!! I recommend playing this game forever !!
P.S. Ok so the way to save in the game is ether at the catapost or when you go to your personnel room/bed and sleep in it. But there is a moment in the game where you have to go and click to sleep in a TP! So look out for that! Well thats all this might seem tedious but I mean we get a cool game for this kind of action and not have a concern like this??!! I mean I think its pretty fair.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- CAPCOM Co., Ltd
- 4 GB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 8.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © CAPCOM CO., LTD. 2016, 2017 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.