POWERFUL CONTENT CREATION
MonsterWriter is optimized for sophisticated content. You can use it for any kind of text, you will love it when you have to write academic content. You can use:
- References to books, articles
- Cross-References to sections, tables, figures, diagrams, code blocks, equations
- Always up to date table of contents
- Always up to date bibliography
- Inline LaTeX equations
- LaTeX equation blocks with an optional caption
- Images with an optional caption
- Tables with an optional caption
- Code blocks with an optional caption
- Diagrams with an optional caption (Mermaid Based)
- Ordered/unordered lists
- Bold, italic, underlined, and hyperlinked text
- Export as LaTeX file and for random customization
DISTRACTION-FREE & LEAN WRITING
Focus on Content, not on the layout. MonsterWriter reduces all wasteful and distractive tasks from your writing process. Never again fix the spacing of headings or move around elements from one page to the other!
Export your writing as HTML, LaTeX, PDF, or directly publish it on your ghost blog.
If you export it as PDF you have the option to use LaTeX - a free typesetting system - to get professional typesetter PDF results.
You will have a chance to try out MonsterWriter for 12 days. After the trial period, you can upgrade MonsterWriter by choosing a subscription or a one-time payment.
Simple Subscription: One month with an automatic extension - 4.99€*
Simple Lifetime License: One-time-payment - 39.99€*
Terms and Conditions: https://www.monsterwriter.app/terms.html
Privacy Statement: https://www.monsterwriter.app/privacy.html
* Pricing depends on region and currency.
- Add Zotero Online Integration
- Allow to make the editor window smaller
- Fix dark mode style issues
- Fix 'immediate' word in article template when no authors are specified
- Get rid of the red boxes around links and table of content entries
- Fix default figure placement to be approximately at the same position inn the pdf export
- Fix export option to place figures exactly where there are
- Fix add row button in tables which do not work sometime
- Fix horizontal lines within tables for the article template
Ratings and Reviews
4 stars for potential, not ready for prime time yet
This is a beautiful looking app, which looks to be almost like a pretty face over a LaTeX like set of capabilities. It has the basics nailed down, allowing you to choose a set of markdown / LaTeX like sections.
Export is currently very limited. It can basically export to latex, or use some cloud service for rendering to PDF. It’s clearly using LaTeX as an export format which is then rendered using something like LaTex2PDF.
So, what’s the point? Well, if this is headed in the direction of LyX but with a far prettier interface then I’m all for it. I wrote my PhD thesis in LyX and it was a fantastic experience, but it’s no beauty queen. So, yeah, there’s definitely a market for a shiny, pretty Mac like LaTeX front end. Even better that it does the minimal writing thing…
I’d encourage the developer to keep heading in that direction. Would like to see the ability to choose LaTeX templates etc, and render locally.
Developer Response ,
Thank you very much for your constructive feedback.
We plan to introduce new LaTeX templates in the future. Also, we plan to allow to use of custom templates. The export will be a major focus in the near future.
Initially, we implemented a local rendering but needed to remove it when we onboarded the application in the Mac App Store due to security requirements. We have some ideas on how to allow this again but we haven't really put a priority to this yet. We might consider it after we delivered the additional templates and exports.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- User Content
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Oliver Wolf
- 176.2 MB
- Requires macOS 10.10.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2021 Oliver Wolf
- In-App Purchases
- Simple Lifetime License $34.99