The brand-new Monterey County Herald mobile app is the most comprehensive, accurate, and content-rich source of local news for the communities of Monterey County, CA.
Here are just a few of the many features of our new app:
• Improved push notifications for Breaking News
• Attractive layout for ease of use
• Convenient sharing capabilities
• Frequent updates to ensure the latest news is always at your disposal
This release includes bug fixes, and optimizations.
• Fix for push notification opening a previous article.
• Adjusted push notification system to more often open pushes inside of the app.
• Updated Images to be completetly displayed.
Ratings and Reviews
My mother used to love to send clippings from the newspaper to friends and family. I continue the tradition by sharing articles with my children, siblings and friends via email and Facebook. I often use the app to find articles I have just read in the paper, or rather I should say I TRY to use the app for that. Maddeningly, the app seems to display only a sampling, not all the contents of the paper.
Local News, top stories, breaking news seem to have all local news together. Just organize by local news. The breaking news isn't really breaking news because the what's posted is usually 1, 2, or 3 days old. The photo section should feature local photos of local events. Add maybe a student section or student of the week section to attract young readers and/or writers.
No search function
I have given up on the Herald web site for a source for local news. It is made worse by the fact that there is no search function.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.