Montessorium brings you the world!
*Featured in Best New Apps!
• Learn the shapes, names, flags and geographical locations of the countries of the world, through puzzles, challenges and drawing exercises.
• Supporting a global education in English, French, German, Spanish, Chinese, Japanese, and Italian languages.
From the creators of Intro to Math and Intro to Letters, Intro to Geography - World Edition is based on the proven methodology of Montessori.
Intro to Geography - World Edition includes the following activities:
+ Drag and Drop: Learn the location of every country in the world
+ Vocabulary Building: Learn the names of every country, and how to pronounce them!
+ Spacial Awareness: Learn how countries and continents relate to each other
+ Flag Matching: Learn to identify the flags of every country
+ Flag Coloring: It’s your turn! Color in the flags, then drop them right where they belong
Located in Sioux Falls, South Dakota, Montessorium Inc. is dedicated to crafting high-quality educational apps for the iPhone and iPad. We believe that learning is a lifestyle.
Get in touch! We’d love to hear from you.
Find us on Twitter & Facebook:
Or send us note at firstname.lastname@example.org
Updated for iPhone X.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
This is a good, visually clean app, but it needs captioning to visualize the country names. Deaf children need access to learning apps too and many rely on audio. This one could work for Deaf learners as well with captions.
Good, but many areas could be improved
This app uses just enough repetition to be a useful learning aid, but the app itself is clunky and not terribly intuitive.
- app is laggy and slow to respond to taps
- country outlines should be shown in relative sizes
- country names should be pronounced more like native pronunciation "oo roo guay" instead of "yer a guay," for example
- the map coloring is tedious. Perhaps a click to fill in the maps could be an option
- navigation of the app is not inuitive. Why have points along the line if you can't skip them?
- the sounds and voices i. This app are verrrry sleep-inducing. I wouldn't want cartoonish voices, but a little more energy would be nice
It’s one thing when there are bugs, but a completely different problem when the information being taught to young children is wrong. For instance, the country of Israel is labeled Palestine.
- Higher Ground Education Inc
- 388.8 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Chinese, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © Higher Ground Education Inc
- In-App Purchases
- North America $0.99
- Africa $0.99
- Europe $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.