Montréal en Histoires 4+
Montréal en Histoires
Roam the streets of Montreal with this application to immerse yourself in the city’s history, with over 60 unique items to discover (points of interest and augmented reality segments).
At night, enjoy Cité Mémoire’s twenty different projected tableaux created by Michel Lemieux and Victor Pilon in collaboration with Michel Marc Bouchard.
Cité Mémoire is a poetic creation inspired by the history of Montreal. It will lead you to fascinating encounters with both unknown and famous characters who bring to life the richness and complexity of Montreal through time.
Before your visit, download this application and its content (entirely or one circuit at a time).
• Have your headphones handy and a fully-charged device (mobile phone or tablet) for the best experience
• Techno-historic tours for daytime or nighttime, depending on your availability
• Soundtrack for Cité Mémoire installations and historical content associated with each one
• Free Wi-Fi zone
• Choice of four languages (installed in the language of your device): French, English, Spanish, and Mandarin
• Detailed geolocalized map
• Signage in the city to help you get your bearings
Minor fix for occasionally losing GPS location
Ratings and Reviews
Montreal comes alive at night
Even in -8 weather, we were transported at each stop. Amazing technology!
Brilliant idea, needs work
We were super excited about to do this and it’s a really fun idea! However, I can’t get the sound to work at all and it’s hard to tell what’s going on without it. It’s also challenging to navigate since it doesn’t give you directions or the address of the next spot.
Incredible city app-- especially at night
You MUST at least do one of the 30 minute night circuits if you're in town. The projections on the walls of buildings look fantastic.
Do this with an iPad if you can. The extra large screen improves the experience, and you'll need the battery life.
Daytime circuit is less visually amazing but still a fun way to spend an afternoon learning about Montreal.
A few minor ways this app could be improved:
1) Say which direction to face. We did the first stop of the northern (red) 30 minute day circuit facing the wrong direction, so the picture wasn't as cool.
2) Make the starting address easy to copy & paste into a maps application to get directions to the starting place.
3) The app isn't stable in the background, so if you stop for a coffee you have to reload and click though to get back to where you left off.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Montreal en Histoire
- 123.5 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
English, French, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © Montréal en Histoires 2021