A simple privacy focused app to hide your photos and videos behind a passcode and TouchID / FaceID.
Are you concerned about privacy? Then hide your photos and videos with MooCow. MooCow doesn't use an internet connection so you can be sure your data stays on your device and is only seen by you.
Import photos, live photos, and videos directly from your documents, photo library, and directly from the camera.
Manage your files over your local WiFi network with the built-in WiFi File Manager.
Watch your videos in-app using the native video player and view your photos in a custom fullscreen swipe-able photo album browser.
Why the name MooCow? Because it is an inconspicuous app name that can sit on your home screen without drawing too much attention.
Supported Videos: MP4, M4V, MOV, 3GP
Supported Images: JPG, PNG, TIFF, HEIC, BMP, GIF, Live Photos
- Fix: Some items weren't being sorted correctly
- Fix: Closing the app while viewing a photo wouldn't return to the correct screen
Ratings and Reviews
BEST PHOTO VAULT EVER!!!
This is what a photo security vault should have been like in the first place, “discreet!” All other photo security vaults scream out, “hey, look over here, this is where private photos are hidden.” This is the best and most discreet one I’ve come across. Kudos to the developer!
I’ve been using Nice (Scott’s other iOS app) for quite a while now. It’s great. This one seem quite close in quality. But I’m seeing a few things that could be improved and one that is an outright blocker.
1. There does appear to be a way to select multiple images/videos when trying to import from within the app
2. There does not appear to be a way to send images and videos TO this app when in Photos or Files. The app is not in the list of
3. (Minor complaint) Like Nice, words are not auto-capitalized. This is rather annoying to me as it is a deviation from the design standards set by iOS. I guess my brain expects to not have to hit shift when naming a new folder.
4. (Feature request) It would be great for the folders to have thumbnails that are editable (new image or video can be selected.
5. (Bonus feature request) Allow key frames to be selected for video thumbnail! I’ve wanted this in these kinds of apps for literally years. No question that it must be hard to implement though.
Aside from these things, thanks for this great app!
App does not support Live Photo; it converts them to .mov file destroying the original format. The description said it supports Live Photo’s, so I imported them.. now I’ve lost all my Live Photo’s cause they are .mov files now.
Also it’s defective at properly importing photos. I see eyes 10 photos to import, it asked if I wanted to delete 10 from my photos app.. after completed it only imported 4 of the 10 photos, but deleted all 9.
Regretting paying $0.99 for this app, thank god I didn’t offer to spend more..
- Scott Julian
- 14.1 MB
- Photo & Video
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © scottjulian 2019
- In-App Purchases
- MooCow Premium 1 $0.99
- MooCow Premium 3 $3.99
- MooCow Premium 2 $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.