MooCow is a privacy focused app to hide your photos and videos behind a passcode and Touch ID or Face ID.
Are you concerned about privacy? Then hide your photos and videos with MooCow. MooCow doesn't use an internet connection so you can be sure your data stays on your device and is only seen by you.
Why the name MooCow? Because it is an inconspicuous app name that can sit on your home screen without drawing too much attention.
Import photos, live photos, gifs, and videos directly from your documents, photo library, or directly from the camera.
Manage your files over your local WiFi network with the built-in WiFi File Manager or locally with macOS File Sharing.
Watch your videos in-app using the native video player and view your photos in a custom fullscreen swipe-able photo album browser.
Supported Videos: MP4, M4V, MOV, 3GP
Supported Images: JPG, PNG, TIFF, HEIC, BMP, GIF, Live Photos
Our preview images were created using 'Previewed' at https://previewed.app
- Fixed bug on iPad that would cause the app to hang on grid view
- Added backspace button to passcode view
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
BEST PHOTO VAULT EVER!!!
This is what a photo security vault should have been like in the first place, “discreet!” All other photo security vaults scream out, “hey, look over here, this is where private photos are hidden.” This is the best and most discreet one I’ve come across. Kudos to the developer!
Download this and you won’t regret it
Compared to all the other secret apps out there this one is the way to go. The UI is great and intuitive, and premium is the cheapest I’ve seen. I would improve some aspects though. The biggest one would be that if you swipe left on a file or a folder, an edit menu should appear to edit that file or folder. The second main thing is that Live Photo’s shouldn’t be saved as gifs. They should be saved either as the actual Live Photo itself or just a stationary image. Or maybe have in the settings how you’d look to save them as. Either way fantastic app, would recommend, and they would implement these suggestions, would def but premium
I’ve been using Nice (Scott’s other iOS app) for quite a while now. It’s great. This one seem quite close in quality. But I’m seeing a few things that could be improved and one that is an outright blocker.
1. There does appear to be a way to select multiple images/videos when trying to import from within the app
2. There does not appear to be a way to send images and videos TO this app when in Photos or Files. The app is not in the list of
3. (Minor complaint) Like Nice, words are not auto-capitalized. This is rather annoying to me as it is a deviation from the design standards set by iOS. I guess my brain expects to not have to hit shift when naming a new folder.
4. (Feature request) It would be great for the folders to have thumbnails that are editable (new image or video can be selected.
5. (Bonus feature request) Allow key frames to be selected for video thumbnail! I’ve wanted this in these kinds of apps for literally years. No question that it must be hard to implement though.
Aside from these things, thanks for this great app!
- Scott Julian
- 6.5 MB
- Photo & Video
Requires iOS 13.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © scottjulian 2016
- In-App Purchases
- MooCow Premium 1 $0.99
- Developer Tip $1.99
- Developer Tip 3 $9.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.