Mood Coach is an app for Veterans, Service members, and others to learn and practice Behavioral Activation. This app is designed to help you boost your mood through participation in positive activities. You can make a plan with positive activities and track your progress.
This app provides:
• Scheduling of positive activities for your selected values
• An activity log for tracking your progress
• A daily mood rating tool
• Education about depression, posttraumatic stress disorder, and Behavioral Activation
• The PHQ-9 assessment for tracking symptoms of depression
Mood Coach can be used on its own by those who would like mood management tools, or to augment face-to-face care with a healthcare professional. It is not intended to replace therapy for those who need it.
Mood Coach was developed by VA’s National Center for PTSD. For more information about PTSD and other topics for Veterans, visit http://www.ptsd.va.gov.
bug fixes and performance enhancements
Ratings and Reviews
The reminders don't work but other than that it's a wonderful app to not only assess your moods but to get you into the habits.
Stopped working after last update
App was working until after last update and now it's just stuck on a screen that says "The week is finished! You can still review your activities. When you are ready, save them to complete the plan." Tried closing and restarting device.
Great Idea But...
This app is a great idea and very useful BUT there are so many bugs to fix like the ability to delete/change a plan. Let alone the fact that the dates are all mixed up. I have to delete the app and start all over if I want to erase something or change a date.
- US Department of Veterans Affairs (VA)
- 9.1 MB
- Health & Fitness
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © US Department of Veterans Affairs
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.