Help a child to regulate their emotions
Do you know a child that is moody and needs help with regulating their emotions? Mood Tool Box provides games and tips for emotional intelligence. Created by a mom of son with ASD and Special Education teacher with over 30 years experience, this app particularly helps parents, teachers and practitioners to manage moods in children with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), Aspergers and Special Needs.
MOOD TOOLBOX has the following features:
*FUN CHARACTER affectionately called Moodzies in this mood app helps to encourage children to recognize their own moods. Each Moodzie has a color that represents different moods, such as anger, sadness etc.
*LEARN ABOUT STRATEGIES FOR MOOD MANAGEMENT- Moodzie can change moods and in this mood app, children can learn techniques to help understand and balance their moods in a healthy way to find happiness again. BASED on strategies that were utilised by the designer to help her son Ben with emotional regulation and students taught in Elementary, Middle schools and Special Schools. There is also the opportunity to unlock the Mood Tool Box program with a printable posters.
*SOCIAL STORIES that show children visually how Moodzie can emotionally regulate. There are three Moodzie Adventure Stories included: Moodzie Chooses Happy, Moodzie Gets Agro and Moodzie Blues.
*INCLUDES GAMES that help focus the mind on something different, allowing the child to become calm enough to think about his or her moods through the various strategies included.
*ACHIEVEMENTS LIST encourages children to succeed by rewarding them with the unlocking the opportunity for additional games and other features once they have achieved their goals by working with the mood app.
*MOOD TRACKING- Unlike most apps for emotional intelligence, this app allows you to track - the different moods your child or student may be feeling on a daily basis so you can take note of what strategies worked. It’s also an excellent choice of ADHD tools for children with ADHD and similar challenges.
This App can be used at home, at school or during services such as speech therapy to help children learn to communicate their emotions. Download Mood Toolbox, the free app with in-app purchases and introduce your child or your student to emotional intelligence today!
Additional App Features:
* Mood themed App with vivid, beautiful graphics and posters available
* Customise your Moodzie, balls, sky and path with one simple in-app purchase
* Simple tap-to-play interface allows children to begin calming right away
* Add music to the game by choosing from a selection of tracks that aim at calming the child
* Compatible with Facebook, Twitter and World Leaderboards to post scores
* Teaches tips about emotional regulation and intelligence in a fun, engaging way
* Developed by a mom of a child with ASD and a Special Education Teacher with over 30 years experience.
Ratings and Reviews
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Natalie Clarke
- 118 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 8.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © Life Learning Apps
- In-App Purchases
- Mood Toolbox $2.99