Introducing Moodle Desktop - the solution to accessing your Moodle courses on desktop.
With Moodle Desktop, you can enjoy the following popular features and functionalities that make online learning of any kind collaborative:
• Easily access course content: View course activities and download materials for offline use.
• Connect with course participants: Quickly find and contact other people in your courses.
• Engage in course activities: Attempt quizzes, post in forums, play SCORM packages, edit wiki pages and more - both on and off-line.
• Submit assignments: Upload images, audio, videos and other files from your mobile device.
• Check upcoming deadlines: View activities due, sorting by dates or by courses.
• Keep up to date: Receive instant notifications of private messages, forum posts, calendar events and assignment submissions.
• Track your progress: View your grades, check completion progress in courses and browse your learning plans.
Moodle Desktop is brought to you by the people behind Moodle - the world’s open source learning platform.
New features and improvements are:
• H5P integration including option to view H5P content offline
• Site finder - enabling a user to easily find their Moodle site by entering the name (no need to enter the site URL)
• Dark mode option
• Native MathJax support
• Comments can be added or deleted in blogs and activities
• Forum user interface enhancements
• Forum posts can be edited and deleted
• Geolocation support in the database location field
• Calendar events can be filtered by type
• Course participants search
• The app lets you know if you are working offline
Ratings and Reviews
Overall works great
Overall the app works great, the only issue I have is when my professor adds something the day of class it takes a few hours for things to match up. It makes things so much easier to access no unneeded sign in.
Can’t log in
I was having the same problem with the iPhone app but it got fixed for that app, now thw problem remains for the mac app. I type in the university website and try to log in to my account but it says that I've got the wrong username/password, even though when I test it on the browser amd the iphone app it logs me in just fine. It's inconvenient having to log in all the time when I'm on my laptop so it’d be nice if this was fixed. Also, it would be good if the app allowd to sign in with the auto-fill feature or allowed to paste.
Practical and to the point
I use the app both in my laptop and phone. It is practical and delivers course content as promised. It keeps tabs on my progress on courses so I can switch between devices with ease. Best of all, no frills, no unending ads and suggestions (as we have to endure at Udemy now).
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Moodle Pty Ltd
- 65.1 MB
- Requires macOS 10.10.0 or later.
English, Amharic, Arabic, Bengali, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Gujarati, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Kannada, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Malayalam, Marathi, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © 2017 Moodle Pty Ltd