NOTE: This official Moodle app will ONLY work with Moodle sites that have been set up to allow it. Please talk to your Moodle administrator if you have any problems connecting.
If your Moodle site has been configured correctly, you can use this app to:
• browse the content of your courses, even when offline
• receive instant notifications of messages and other events
• quickly find and contact other people in your courses
• upload images, audio, videos and other files from your mobile device
• view your course grades
• and more!
Please see http://docs.moodle.org/en/Mobile_app for all the latest information.
We’d really appreciate your feedback on what else you want this app to do!
New features and improvements in this version are:
• Various UX improvements
• Support for forum improvements in Moodle 3.7
• Support for group messaging improvements in Moodle 3.7 (including Push notifications for group messaging and mute conversations)
• Improved storage management (user can manage storage within any course)
• Big performance improvements (especially when connecting to a site running Moodle 3.7 onwards)
• Offline support for Nextcloud
• Vimeo embedding improvements
Thanks for using the Moodle app!
Ratings and Reviews
UI update for the sake of the update
Moodle is useful as a student, and pretty ,much compulsory, and while the previous UI layout was a bit difficult to handle - this one is way worse.
The relevant content is less approachable and you need 3-5 more taps to get to where you usually go. The top menus are a nice idea but it would’ve been nicer had I been able to just scroll through them. Having courses as the last option makes it difficult to get around to what you really need, and hiding the sections in each course to another menu you need to open is just useless.
This isn’t a UX improvement, it’s a downgrade, big time. There’s a lot more work that needs to be done.
Not too bad
The layout is getting better. Unfortunately there are a lot of unnecessary items taking up precious space that could be hidden behind a menu. Contact me I’ll let you know.
In the meantime, there are two major issues that need to be addressed
1. Being able to save and print descriptions of assignments. Save to files (iOS)/ AirPrint
2. Being able to send Moodle feedback.
This App makes it SO much easier to get to my coursework, message my teacher, and see my calendar of due dates than going through a web browser! I wish I would have downloaded this Day one of the semester. It would have saved me a lot of frustration.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.