Don’t let your mood affect your life. Take control over it!
Meet Moodnotes - a super easy mood tracker & journaling app to capture your mood and help you improve your thinking habits. Moodnotes empowers you to track your mood over time, avoid common thinking traps, and develop perspectives associated with increased happiness and well-being.
Created by design experts and clinical psychologists (creators of MoodKit), Moodnotes is grounded in the scientifically-supported content of cognitive behavior therapy (CBT) and positive psychology. Includes Apple Watch app and iCloud sync/backup.
Moodnotes helps you to:
- Track your mood and identify what triggers it
- Scan your face automatically using device camera
- Develop healthier thinking habits
- Learn about “traps” in your thinking and how to avoid them
- Reduce anxiety and enhance your sense of well-being
- Bring new, helpful perspectives to situations
- Increase your self-awareness
Exclusively featured by Apple in the App Store Today tab story "All The Feels".
One of Tech Insider's "100 World's Greatest Apps" and exclusively featured in Wired, The Guardian, Business Insider, Fast Company, TechCrunch, Lifehacker, Mindful, Mashable, Vogue, and more. Fast Company's 2016 Innovation By Design Awards finalist.
Become a Premium member to unlock the following features:
- Make unlimited entries per day
- Monitor your personal statistics and check your mood insights
- Add notes to enrich your mood entries
- Get access to “Notable insights” section to learn more about your mood
* Subscription payments will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of your purchase.
* Subscriptions will automatically renew and payment will be charged to your iTunes account unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours prior to the end of the current period. The cost of the renewal depends on your Subscription Plan. Our standard Subscription Plans are:
* 1-month Subscription
* 1-year Subscription
* Subscription with a free trial period will automatically renew to a paid subscription. You can cancel or manage your free trial's auto-renewal in your Account Settings after purchase. The cancellation will take effect 24-hours after the last day of the current subscription period and you will be downgraded to the free service.
* Please note: any unused portion of a free trial period (if offered) will be forfeited when you purchase a premium subscription during the free trial period.
If you have any questions or suggestions on how we can improve the application, please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
California Privacy Notice: http://www.thriveport.com/privacypolicy/index.html#h
To address negative thought patterns, we first should identify them. Develop healthier thinking habits and enjoy our new update!
Thank you for your continued support and comments! Do not hesitate to share your feedback with us via email@example.com.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Small adjustments away from greatness
I use Moodnotes as a mood tracker in hope of detecting patterns over time. I log moods about four times daily. I would get hopeless and irritable in the late afternoon so I began testing my blood sugar around that time and it was always low, about 80 on average. This might be normal at 4 AM not PM. I often forget to eat due to ADHD time blindness and rarely eat on schedule.
The interactive emoji is helpful for quickly logging mood. Can’t think of a quicker way. Simple and brilliant. Now the problem is the app doesn’t challenge and hook the user by asking “Why” immediately post mood entry. Instead it has Add Detail as an option displayed in the same color with a white boxed line. Not as effective as it could be. I rarely choose to add detail due to avoidance and not really seeing it. There’s no nudge. Ideally it’d go: emoji, why/what’s causing/happening or skip (in smaller font) ending the session, choose feelings, check a thought (applicable CBT)...etc. The pages would change immediately post entry. Now the app would be beneficial to us by reducing mental pain quicker ad more effectively.
Moodnotes has a couple of other simple flaws including translating, displaying data effectively. The colors shouldn’t blend into each other. Instead important choices should be in different colors for easier visual flow.
These simple changes will increase efficacy and user usage thus more healing and yes, a better world.
An app that can save lives
You see I live in a very complicated city surrounded with much complicated culture that still see mental health as a taboo subject to be highlighted out load, luckily I’ve my friend who lives in a away cities whom advised me against going to see a psychiatrist within the city i live in giving how much of sharing could get me in trouble within the authority in here, I’ve done my research read a few books and i found this app, i said to myself lets just give it a try what would i lose after all this suffering talking to a machine is still a great option at least I won’t get in trouble, I know for sure in many cases of depression and anxiety a CPT techniques might not be enough so if you have the The privilege to see a psychiatrist please go for it while using this app it might help you to recover even more faster, I had to read so much to understand my suffering am glad that many won’t have to given such great ideas still exist within our world brings hope to the depressed community around the world, to the amazing psychologists and developers to the coders whom might never understood what the hell they were coding at the first place, you ladies and gentlemen have saved lives and for mine am and always will be grateful. May the force be with you all. Thank you.
This app is amazing for all ages. I’ve had a hard time with therapist and psychologist for years and years of trying to find one that could help me. I finally found an amazing therapist who helps me tremendously. Only, she works far from where I live so it’s hard to see her as often as I’d like. I was skeptical about downloading this app, since it’s hard for me to find something/ someone that helps change my mindset. I saw the good reviews and downloaded it. After just one journal entry, I fell in love. The questions, and strategy the app uses to help flip any negativity is professional and truly works. It reminds me of how my therapist is able to help me so well. This app truly helps you for the better whether you have a mental illness (like me) or just want to be overall more positive and understandings to yourself and feelings, just be consistent with it! I’ve noticed a change in my mood and noticed I’ve been more positive and motivated at the end of the day. Even on those really bad days, it helps. It helps just to type out how you feel, and this app helps you recognize that and why. Much worth the purchase. I’m so happy someone made this app. To the developers: I hope you know you’re helping a lot of people with this app, it’s truly great, thank you.
Developer Response ,
Thank YOU for sharing your experience! The app was built with the intentions you've described perfectly :D
- ThrivePort, LLC
- 102.6 MB
- Health & Fitness
Requires iOS 13.0 and watchOS 4.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Italian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2015-2020 Thriveport, LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Moodnotes Premium 1 Year $39.99
- Moodnotes Premium 1 Year $24.99
- Moodnotes Premium 1 Year $29.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.