Live by the moon! See the phases of the moon in clarity - for where YOU are now - not just the "nearest city". See a countdown to the next phase of the moon TO THE MINUTE, whether full or new, first or last quarter. See a current simulation of the moon as it appears to you - for now or any day in the past or future - on a large, simple, easy to read display. See Moon Rise and Set times - so you can plan your lunar activities. This IS the app you are looking for!
• The current phase of the moon
• The current appearance of the moon
• Calendar view of moon phases for past and future months
• Moon Locator Compass which always points to the moon in the sky
• Countdown in days, hours and minutes to the next moon phase - whether full or new moon, first or last quarter
• Notifications of upcoming moon phases and lunar events
• Current Moon Sign
• Moon Rise and Set times
• See the moon phase for any chosen day in the past or future
• Current Distance to the moon in miles or kilometres
• Age of the moon
• Whether the moon is getting brighter or darker
• Percentage of the moon that is illuminated by the sun
• Countdown to the next moon phase
• Full support for iPad in Landscape and Portrait
• Small download size
• For your privacy, access to your device's location is not required
An indispensable tool for those who need to plan their activities by the moon - Download it now for free.
• Moon imagery is provided by NASA.
• Some advertising is displayed in this app in order to cover costs. A button is provided to remove it.
• I wrote this app for myself, but I love sharing it and getting your positive feedback - thank you for your great ratings, reviews and feedback. Please do let me know at the support site - https://petesmith.co.nz - if you have any constructive suggestions or improvements. Thank you again.
• Bug fixes and performance optimizations as always!
Enjoy this brand new release and do let me know at the support website if you see any issues with this new version. Cheers.
Ratings and Reviews
Displays actual moon orientation
The biggest feature I like about this app is that it displays the actual moon orientation. Looking at the app’s image of the moon and then at the moon itself, the phase AND the orientation are correct. Most apps don’t do this which is something the developer really needs to emphasize in his/her app description. The use of the compass to find the moon is nicely done as well.
A couple things that would be very nice are cleaning up the main page (the info panels are overly bright and huge with small writing taking up 2/3 of the screen while the moon only gets 1/3 of the page). I like the contrast to keep it readable but there’s a lot of screen wasted with a bright blank area. Keep the font large but reduce the bright panel’s size. Also, the option to see the moon distance in miles rather than km would be nice for those of us on the other side of the pond.
Overall, well done which is why I gave it 5 stars. Again, the accurate moon phase and orientation is the killer feature and you should promote that more.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your kind and detailed review of the app, I do appreciate the feedback. I will look into dimming the bright panels, especially if the device is using dark mode. They used to be a lot smaller but as devices got bigger, they got bigger too! I did enjoy putting in the correct orientation of the moon, and I will look into promoting it more. It particularly makes a big difference to people outside the USA as other apps tend to fix it to USA conditions. Unfortunately people do tend to choose the first app they come to rather than the one with great features! I do have the option to switch between miles and kilometres, although it is well hidden - if you tap on the Moon Distance on the Moon Locator compass screen it will swap between miles and kilometres! I hope this helps you out. Again, thank you for your kind review.
Say what? Great App!
If you are a weather geek and sky watcher like myself this app is just plain awesome! It’s got everything you need and it’s a one time payment that is very fairly priced so that’s just icing on the cake!
Say what? I see comments, one in particular, that just make me roll my eyes. For instance: “I’ve been using this for a couple years and it’s great! However now that I have to pay for the premium I’m going to delete the app.” Say what? Just grab some change from the jar and there ya go, it’s paid for and worth every dime, nickel and penny you had to part with. I’m sure the developer will be just fine without ya though!
Great app with great features and with a one time LOW payment it’s yours forever! Nice work on this app I definitely recommend it 👍🏻
I Love this App, but when I got it, I could look at the coming months, and now I can’t since upgrading it. Other free apps like this let you look at any date you want. I don’t understand why it now costs money to even look a day ahead if you’re on the last day of the month? I noticed since we just went from May to June, that I couldn’t look at June 1st on May 31st. I don’t get why? I honestly would have chosen another app if I knew it would eventually cost money just to use this one-Things that can easily be Googled about the Moon for free, cost money to look at on here now. Other than that, I use this every single day. Just wish you had another outlet to charge money on here instead of costing me to see one day in the future if it happens to be the last day of the month... Like I said, other than that, I love this app so much! Thank you for reading!
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Usage Data
- Other Data
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
- Other Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Peter Smith
- 25.1 MB
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
English, French, German
- Age Rating
- Copyright © 2021 Peter Smith. All Rights Reserved.
- In-App Purchases
- Premium Upgrade $19.99
- Yearly Subscription $7.49
- Enable Extra Notifications $1.99
- Monthly Subscription $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.