Provides a list of LUNAR PHASES, a CALENDAR view, a FLAT VIEW COMPASS, a MAP VIEW and an AUGMENTED REALITY CAMERA 3-D VIEW showing the lunar path and its hour intervals.
* Ideal for photographers and anyone involved in outdoor nighttime activities.
* Great for planning optimal light conditions.
Note - if you are interested in daytime light conditions, please look at the "Sun Seeker" app, which provides related functionality for the sun.
* Uses GPS and magnetometer to find the correct lunar position and path for your current location, or for any location on earth
* Flat compass view showing current lunar position, diurnal lunar angle and elevation (separated into above and bow horizon segments)
* 3D augmented reality camera overlay view showing the moon's current position, its path with hour points marked
* Map view showing lunar light direction and elevation at all hours, for any location, scrollable for any date and time
* Ability to choose any date and view lunar path for that day
* The compass accuracy depends on having an undistorted magnetic field around your device. If you use it close to metallic objects or electrical equipment, directional accuracy may be impaired.
* Minor performance and UI enhancements
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
The gap explained.
Graham Dawson responded to my question about the gap in the moon's path shortly after I emailed Ajanware and his fast response was greatly appreciated. His email follows:
"The sun travels very close to a full circle every 24 hours - not exactly, but close enough to make it look like a complete circle.
On the other hand the moon travels typically less than 360 degrees during a day, although sometimes it may be more. The app shows the moon's path for one calendar day. If it travels less than 360deg then you will see a gap, where if it travels more than 360 you will see an overlapping section."
Again, I appreciate the fast response and am happy to add the app as a compliment to Sun Seeker. It performs as advertised.
3D view crashes
Version 5.4 crashes every time I try use the 3D view on an iPhone 5s running iOS 9.3.5
Didn't need to upgrade
I loved this app ... until November, when it required a newer version of iOS than I have on my phone. Now I feel cheated out of what I paid!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.