50 years ago Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin became the first humans to land on the Moon. Let’s celebrate the anniversary of the historic moon landing on July 20, 1969!
Ever wanted to walk on the Moon as Great Americans did? Step into the legendary astronaut's boots and relive the experience of lunar landing!
⁕Moon Walk⁕ is a new augmented reality app that places you right in the middle of the Apollo 11 mission and gives a chance to repeat the journey of the bravest people.
Place yourself on the surface of the Moon, walk the way Buzz Aldrin and Neil Armstrong would have, witness lunar craters and landscapes around them, gaze out at the darkening sky and enjoy the out-of-this-world experience.
⁕ The simulation of the Apollo 11 moon landing mission in augmented reality.
⁕ Neil Armstrong’s path on the lunar surface under real conditions.
⁕ Mission overview and main objects with the core information.
⁕ AR scene with a map of the Apollo 11 mission.
⁕ Astronauts’ conversations on the Moon.
How to play?
• Find a large open area. You will have to move in different directions.
• Once you set foot on the Moon, follow the special arrow pointer.
• When you reach Armstrong's stop, wait until the progress bar is filled and keep moving.
• While walking on the Moon, listen to the recordings of the astronauts’ conversations made during the mission.
• Be careful, consider the given time, do not move too fast or too slow. Try not to deviate from the path.
• Once the game is finished, you will get the augmented reality map of the Apollo 11 mission for free.
The list of objects includes:
⁕ Flag of the United States
⁕ SWC - Solar Wind Composition
⁕ The Apollo Lunar TV Camera
⁕ ALSCC - Apollo Lunar Surface Closeup Camera
⁕ Apollo LEM - Lunar Excursion Module
⁕ PSEP - Passive Seismic Experiment Package
⁕ LRRR - Laser Ranging Retroreflector
The path of Neil Armstrong, his directions, objects on the lunar surface, the required time, astronauts’ s conversations and all the details in the app are authentic and completely imitate NASA's historic Apollo 11 moon mission of July 20, 1969.
Repeat the glory of the historic lunar landing mission with Moon Walk!
Performance improvements and small bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Looked good but when I asked me to look at the horizontal line and move around it didn’t do anything
Fatal flaw - game mode unplayable
Surprisingly there is a game mode (AR/VR) where you supposedly can use your device to walk the walk of Neil Armstrong on the moon in order to unlock the entire set of maps, objects, etc. instead of having to cough up $5 for the content. Unfortunately this mode is unplayable.
I granted access to the camera on my iPad but it would never turn on so that I could do the task of walking in Neil’s footsteps. It is sad that for a program depicting one of the most critically acclaimed Quality Control and Quality Assurance accomplishments in Human History, the NASA Moon Shot, neither seems to have been deployed in this game’s development.
AR app only!
When I read the description I thought this was a game/educational app with maybe one or two AR features added. After downloading it turns out that you cannot do anything without AR. To do the main feature, you have to go outside (the game recommends a “big area”) and physically walk around holding up your device like some pokemon idiot running into people. At close to 60 years old, I can see myself tripping and breaking a hip while trying to do this. Assuming I could even find a park or field to do it in. Not well thought out or explained.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Vito Technology Inc.
- 341.1 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © Vito Technology, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Apollo 11 - AR Map (Level 1) $4.99
- Apollo 11 - AR Map (Level 2) $3.99
- Apollo 11 - AR Map (Level 6) $0.00
- Apollo 11 - AR Map (Level 4) $1.99
- Apollo 11 - AR Map (Level 3) $2.99
- Apollo 11 - AR Map (Level 5) $0.99