A simple and beautiful app to show the current phase of the moon.
Mooncast offers many styles of Home Screen Widgets. With iOS 16, Mooncast now also offers a variety of Lock Screen Widgets.
- See the current phase of the moon in gorgeous details.
- Swipe your finger to change the current day.
- See the next full moon, the next new moon or any date between 2011 and 2030.
- Use the almanac to browse the predictions.
- Set up reminders for full moon or new moon.
- Know exactly at what time the moon will be perfectly full.
- Fully localized in english, french, spanish, italian, german and russian.
- Works well with all locales and calendars.
Added a version without text for the inline widget accessory.
Ratings and Reviews
Used a long time & love this app
This app is really perfect for me. It’s elegantly simple and intuitive, and allows me to easily see a range of future or past moon cycles for whatever date i wish quickly, and that i can scroll through. If you wish to have full and new moon alerts, the wolf howl chime is a really nice touch….and it’s one i definitely hear! I also like how the app names the moon phase and the % illumination of any particular date of interest including the current date. This is the one moon app i use regularly, as it is kept informative yet brief sticking to the basics - not astrology or anything like that.
Painful Periods Begone!
I am SO grateful for this app! I sought the help of an acupuncturist to help me with painful periods. After reviewing my health history she shared a number of observations, and the first was that my menstrual cycle was not aligned with the cycles of the Moon. She started me on a regimen of seed cycling, and to stay on top of that (among staying on top of, what I now call my Moonstral Cycle), I have been using the Mooncast app. Identifying the dates of the New Moon and the Full Moon is a cinch and happily today I can report that my hormones have balanced with the timing of the seeds and now my cycle is aligned with the Moon and my periods are relatively effortless! Thank you Mooncast!
I bought just for widgets and not where does it allow the installation even though the purchase description says it does. If I’m doing something wrong or I can use widgets after correcting I will change my review.
After being advised on how to use widgets properly it works great. Some type of instructions with app could of been helpful. Thank you for your quick reply.
Developer Response ,
Widgets are available exactly where you would expect them: in the menu for adding widgets. Please contact support if you need help.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Mathieu Routhier
- 72.7 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Apple TV
- Requires tvOS 9.0 or later.
- Apple Watch
- Requires watchOS 4.0 or later.
- Apple Vision
- Requires visionOS 1.0 or later.
English, French, German, Italian, Russian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © Mathieu Routhier 2011-2022. All rights reserved.
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.